Ableton 25% OFF on everything until June 11th

cclarry

53 minutes ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Thanks Larry ,

Decent deal at $ 277 from $369  if I go from Live 9 Intro to Live 10  Standard....with that thought my wallet jumped up and said "Hey Dude Reality Check" ...

Now I'm thinking about B'itch slapping my wallet and saying "come on bro "🤪

Kenny

That upgrade is $197.71 at Best Service
https://www.bestservice.com/live_10_upgrades.html

2 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Thanks Larry ,

Decent deal at $ 277 from $369  if I go from Live 9 Intro to Live 10  Standard....with that thought my wallet jumped up and said "Hey Dude Reality Check" ...

Now I'm thinking about B'itch slapping my wallet and saying "come on bro "🤪

Kenny

Even though I have Live 10 if it came between the Cubase crossgrade to a Live 10 upgrade Cubase wins.

Ableton just hasn't figured out how to compete in the DAW market yet.   You could always wait for the 30% off.

• Like 2

Just now, cclarry said:

I had some knuckleheads at Guitar Center tell me how more Studios are NOW
using Ableton....I literally laughed out loud!  I said, I suggest you do some more
research!

I've seen some Mac users go to Logic once they've discovered virtual instruments.  Live Suite is the only DAW where I bought 2 licenses.  It's great but so far they don't do great deals.   Suite is a waste of money.  I have one license of 10 Suite which will be my last Suite license.  I never pay attention to the pro audio guys at a GC.  It's really sad how the inventories have regressed.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Anxiousmofo said:

Those are nice prices at Best Service.  First somewhat tempting upgrade price from 9 Standard to 10 I have seen.  Too bad I've already spent my gear allotment for a good while.  This time of year has too many good deals.

Ditto. I'm in Live 9 standard and I think that the new features still don't justify the upgrade price. Maybe for half that I'd be tempted but, for now, I'll wait for the next big release. Also I hate the fact that I cannot run plugins that require Max for Live. They should put a "Player" version or so as default, even for the Intro version. I've seen many plugins that require Max that I'd have bought otherwise.

They really need a further "Deluxe" tier between Standard and Suite.  That tier should have all of Standard, adding the instruments and Max for Live, and no packs or samples.  Suite is bloated and stupid expensive. They should either lower the price or give people the option of foregoing all the bloat. Who wants to pay a couple hundred dollars premium for decade old orchestral samples, etc.?

Edited by Anxiousmofo

10 hours ago, Anxiousmofo said:

They really need a further "Deluxe" tier between Standard and Suite.  That tier should have all of Standard, adding the instruments and Max for Live, and no packs or samples.  Suite is bloated and stupid expensive. They should either lower the price or give people the option of foregoing all the bloat. Who wants to pay a couple hundred dollars premium for decade old orchestral samples, etc.?

They should discontinue the Suite and sell the rest as addons.   BTW I think that same orchestra is the Sonivox stuff.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cclarry said:

That upgrade is $197.71 at Best Service
https://www.bestservice.com/live_10_upgrades.html

Thanks Larry , that's  better deal for sure ...still my wallet doth protest lol Oh boy as much as I hate to admit  it , sometimes you just got to sit it out .

BTW there must be a typo in the add ..on the  far left under the Live banner it says  "Flash Sale  25% OFF Ableton Live 10 - until July 11th only!"

if that happens to be the case at least I have hope ......yet , some how i think it's still a typo ....time to go reach for the wah wah pedal and plug it in ...

as far as what everybody else is saying ,,Yes, I think Live is a nice playground ......but I also think they are pricing themselves pretty far out there .

I mean when you can buy a $1000.00 DAW such as Samplitude Suite for less than what my upgrade from Live 9 intro to Standard cost on sale  ...

I say eff it for now ....I don't want to have  + $400.00 into a DAW I use once in a while ...at least w Traction I got the whole Kabang for 52 bucks ...

instead of paying $69 bucks to upgrade to 10 ......I got Waveform 10 ....for $52 bucks ....

I know a good deal when I get one

Kenny

• Like 2