Zero G Deeva

cclarry

On a related note, @cclarry and anyone else that can answer this: There are two kinds of vocal libraries I've been searching for more than a decade and I really haven't found anything that fits the bill . I would LOVE a library that has male background vocals of oohs, ahhs, do-do-do-dos, etc. and a gospel or a Motown background vocals library with something similar. I would want it to have the depth/flexibility of something like Ethera. The closest thing I've come across to what I'm looking for is EastWest's Hollywood Background Singers. Does anyone know anything else that might be closer to what I'm looking for? 

https://www.soundsonline.com/hollywood-backup-singers

Edited by PavlovsCat

7 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I would LOVE a library that has male background vocals of oohs, ahhs, do-do-do-dos, etc. and a gospel or a Motown background vocals library with something similar. 

You probably know this already but scroll down to Voices in this ST4 Max list. They have limited manipulation and no phrases or complex adjustments like East West's Hollywood Backup Singers but they do the job IMO.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, PavlovsCat said:

Yes, thanks for the suggestion.  I do have that. I'm looking for something more sophisticated. 

Synthesizer V and one of the male voices? The voice in the video below is female, but skip to 2:36 for an example of dos and das. I bet you could get similar vocalizations out of the male voice banks, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pseudopop said:

Synthesizer V and one of the male voices? The voice in the video below is female, but skip to 2:36 for an example of dos and das. I bet you could get similar vocalizations out of the male voice banks, too.

Thanks for posting that.  I have contemplated getting EmVoice One  and Synthesizer V at various points and was about to purchase the EmVoice during their last big sale, but some of the posts here from users of EmVoice One -- and I think one of the people posting about stating disappointment could have been you (I'm not sure) -- 
 made me decide NOT to pull the trigger (the downsides users posted were the required connection to the Internet and less than intuitive user experience).  Last I checked, I didn't find Synthesizer V had an appropriate voice for my purposes, but I was just checking now and the male voice sounded okay. @pseudopop that song above sounds great -- better than I realized Synthesizer V  was capable of. How difficult is the plugin to learn/use? 

Check this out for some interesting male background vocals:

https://soundiron.com/products/questionably-barbershop

Yeah, it says barbershop, but it has lots of be-bop type scat stuff that will work well in the background.

As to Synthesizer V, I purchased the pro version a few weeks ago along with the Solaria and Kenneth voices.    It REALLY could use a good manual as you have to figure out things by watching YouTube videos.   However, despite the lack of documentation I am getting pretty good results and would recommend it.   

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

Yeah, it says barbershop, but it has lots of be-bop type scat stuff that will work well in the background.

As to Synthesizer V, I purchased the pro version a few weeks ago along with the Solaria and Kenneth voices.    It REALLY could use a good manual as you have to figure out things by watching YouTube videos.   However, despite the lack of documentation I am getting pretty good results and would recommend it.   

Yeah, that’s a fun one. 

30 minutes ago, Michael A.D. said:

While the Barbershop library wasn't exaxtly what I've been looking for, it does seem like it'd be a lot of fun. Thanks for the suggestion and thanks for your insights on Synthesizer V. 

8 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

Thanks for posting that.  I have contemplated getting EmVoice One  and Synthesizer V at various points and was about to purchase the EmVoice during their last big sale, but some of the posts here from users of EmVoice One -- and I think one of the people posting about stating disappointment could have been you (I'm not sure) -- 
 made me decide NOT to pull the trigger (the downsides users posted were the required connection to the Internet and less than intuitive user experience).  Last I checked, I didn't find Synthesizer V had an appropriate voice for my purposes, but I was just checking now and the male voice sounded okay. @pseudopop that song above sounds great -- better than I realized Synthesizer V  was capable of. How difficult is the plugin to learn/use? 

I haven't bought Synth V yet (and I don't have EmVoice either, so it was someone else who talked about it), but people have said that you can get surprisingly good results by just throwing stuff at it. My understanding is that the more convincing performances are based on vocal performances by real people. At least one person uses Praat phonetic analysis program to create pitch contours (or something) for the synth to add some realistic details. Here's a video of them doing it:

There's a thread at VI-Control where they talk about this software. The more technical discussions starts from this post, if you're interested. My inability to focus has prevented me from trying to actually understand what they are saying, so I can't say much more about the matter.

• Like 1