Micah's Choir - Free for DS and Kontakt

JoeGBradford

It is really good! I use it. Definitely recommended. Pianobook has a treasure trove of great little sample libraries -- all for FREE. And for those who don't have KONTAKT, as Joe mentioned, this library and many others are available in the Decent sampler format -- which is a free sampler plugin. I've often thought that we should probably regularly share in this forum when we come across a really special Pianobook library, like you just did, Joe -- but I think there's enough there, we could easily have a post every few days with a different great find (sample library) from Pianobook. I visit the site every week. 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 3
  • Great Idea 1

28 minutes ago, JoeGBradford said:

I have a few from there already but I think this is probably the best so far. I was really pleased when the site adopted DS as an alternative to Kontakt for a significant number of sounds

Yeah, I've invested in KONTAKT and it's my go to sampler -- and I'm very happy with it for its advantages that permit the most sophisticated libraries and scripting available today. But I'm well aware that  KONTAKT and commercial sample libraries for KONTAKT are well beyond some musicians budgets and I LOVE seeing tools available to everyone that are no cost (fully aware that the price of entry is still a costly powerful computer) and it makes me glad to see how many great tools and libraries are available for free. If anyone is on a very tight budget and looking for sample libraries and a sampler to play them at no cost, please check out Pianobook -- it's fantastic.

Also, if anyone is seeing this post and on a tight budget -- or have no budget -- and are looking for more free tools/libraries/plugins that come highly recommended, don't hesitate to make a post. There's a lot of great stuff available for free these days and us regulars here are happy to point you to it.  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2