do you update every time?

If you mean BandLab assistant, the easiest way to get around this message is to download it again from the bandlab website (i.e. not via an update in the app itself), and re-install it.

FWIW, unless you're using the BandLab loops, there's no reason to ever run BandLab assistant or even have it installed.  Apart from the loops, everything else it does for Cakewalk can be done within Cakewalk itself.

• Like 1

FYI, the name Sonar was dropped when Bandlab took over. They chose to use the name Cakewalk so the DAW would be easily identified as the same Software. We call it Cakewalk by Bandlab or CbB for short. Bandlab also has a App which is totally different than Cakewalk.  

But there's no reason not to always update when offered. I skip the early access versions unless I'm in the mood to be testing the software to add my 2 cents to it's improvments. We have an excelent system happening here because the developers are working closly with the users to make improvments..

Every new release I install I always read the release notes to see if anything will change my workflow.
In the last few years I've seen a lot of user requests fullfilled within weeks of asking. I'll guarantee there's no other DAW or software that offers that level of involvment. 

As a result Cakewalk is quickly becoming one of the more inovative DAW's for Windows,  and it's free. The user base is growing at a fast rate and I think at some point Cakewalk will become one of the most widly used DAW's for Windows. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

I always update now.  I use to wait.  I use to have a previous version of CbB always at the ready.  I have not had to roll back and I know there is an app for it and I use to know how to roll back, but I not sure I can remember the procedure.  Thank God for google.

Anyway, Yes.  I always update. Not had an issue.  Someday I'll probably get hit by it.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo 88 said:

I have not had to roll back and I know there is an app for it and I use to know how to roll back, but I not sure I can remember the procedure. 

For some time, the release announcements include a link to a rollback installer.

Running the rollback installer reverts to the previous release.

• Like 1

I don't need bandlab assistant, I thought it was necessary to get the updates to Cakewalk. I don't use loops. Good distinction, I've been calling it sonar but I'll start saying Cake Walk. And yes after being away from it for quite some time, I'm becoming aware they really are making an effort to make this a good DAW. So I'm doing a crash course in refreshing myself and also learning all of the changes since the producer version of sonar I'mmore familiar with. Thanks for your input.

On 3/16/2022 at 6:09 PM, msmcleod said:

If you mean BandLab assistant, the easiest way to get around this message is to download it again from the bandlab website (i.e. not via an update in the app itself), and re-install it.

FWIW, unless you're using the BandLab loops, there's no reason to ever run BandLab assistant or even have it installed.  Apart from the loops, everything else it does for Cakewalk can be done within Cakewalk itself.

BA is also needed for offline reauthorization! 😉