Weird line marker appearing in Track View

Lost Phases

Hi,
Can someone help me figure this out, this line appeared out of nowhere when i opened one of my existing projects to edit it. I believe i must have pressed some shortcut key or something on the keyboard to add some kind of marker thing while this specific region was selected. Now it's not going away as i re-saved my project and closed Cakewalk and reopened it to see if it would go away, but it doesnt. Also, the line isnt appearing in any other project.

Wait, I just checked again now...the line, it disappeared just like that, i reopened the project half an hr ago and the line was not going away but now i reopened it again to do what is suggested in @scook's link given above but while i looked for the line b4 checking Aim Assist off i couldnt find it anymore in the project. 😶

Edited by In A Week

1 hour ago, In A Week said:

Ah, so it's basically just a UI glitch.

Interesting....didnt know Cakewalk could have those tbh.

Something like that, yes. Bugs get fixed with every update on a monthly basis. Thousands have been fixed already since Bandlab took over. Right now the team focus on more serious bugs. This one is the size of a grain of sand. It will eventually get fixed. I think it just popped in to introduce itself to you - so you wont see it anytime soon again. Like I said: I get it from time to time, and get rid of it really easy by opening and close any window quick with its shortcut, like the piano roll (Alt+3)  or the console view (Alt+2.) Most of the time I just hit Shift+D twice to open an existing window, but it is hardly anything of concern to me, that's why I've never bothered to report it. Some have though. 

If it pops in again activate it with "X" Do a quick sweep across the screen to pick it up and press "X" again to disable it. If that does work - a quick close of the DAW (as you discovered) is always the cure. 

Edited by Will.
  • Like 1

If you're referring to the dark horizontal line below the 1st clip, it's some kind of graphical glitch and probably won't be there when you reopen the project.

BTW, Cakewalk has been known for it's odd graphical behavior for some time. :D

P.S. What's makin' your CPU dance @1/2 throttle (Performance module)? Mine's never more than just above scale floor.

Edited by sjoens

28 minutes ago, sjoens said:

P.S. What's makin' your CPU dance @1/2 throttle (Performance module)? Mine's never more than just above scale floor.

Oh, that happens when i have my Windows power plan set to the Balanced one. I also use this pc for other work and i don't want the CPU running in like full power all the time and making the back of my laptop hot and consuming power even faster. Usually when i work in Cakewalk i have the power plan set to Performance and the CPU works in full power, but this time i had just opened to check on something in the project and then after moving around a little i suddenly noticed that line and decided to record it, lol.

On 3/17/2022 at 2:10 AM, In A Week said:

Oh, that happens when i have my Windows power plan set to the Balanced one. I also use this pc for other work and i don't want the CPU running in like full power all the time and making the back of my laptop hot and consuming power even faster. Usually when i work in Cakewalk i have the power plan set to Performance and the CPU works in full power, but this time i had just opened to check on something in the project and then after moving around a little i suddenly noticed that line and decided to record it, lol.

I think the Performance power plan is recommended for DAWs.

2 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

I think the Performance power plan is recommended for DAWs.

Yes, i normally use Performance power plan all the time for when i am using my DAW, otherwise there are audio dropout issues tbh. This was just some checking up on one of my projects to check on something so felt too lazy to switch the power plan again for a quick check, lol.