Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, James Foxall said:

10%?

 

It ain’t a deal till it hits 50%. :P

Just playing with you Scott !

 

if you could only have one blue cat plug-in what would it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey James...

LOL! Hey we take what we can get. 😁

Hmmm... tough question. They make a lot of good ones, but it would probably be either PatchWork or Plug'n Script. Those both provide many different workflow enhancements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Scott R. Garrigus said:

PatchWork or Plug'n Script

Interesting! Those two are on my "list".  I picked up Connector because it seemed pretty useful and was reasonably priced.  I just wish they'd have a reasonable sale someday...  😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Scott R. Garrigus said:

Hey James...

LOL! Hey we take what we can get. 😁

Hmmm... tough question. They make a lot of good ones, but it would probably be either PatchWork or Plug'n Script. Those both provide many different workflow enhancements.

Thanks Scott - I have Patchwork but I'm not familiar with Plug'n Script. I'll check it out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, James Foxall said:

Thanks Scott - I have Patchwork but I'm not familiar with Plug'n Script. I'll check it out...

Hey James, how do you like Patchwork?  Do you find it useful beyond being just a great idea?  I keep thinking I could string together my favorite combinations of plugins for various things, then have them in just one container taking up just one spot on my channel.  Do you use it a lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Mibby,

I haven't used it in awhile. I believe I purchased it primarily to create dual mono chains when mixing (like using dual UAD 1176 comps for left/right). Once I switched to Pro Tools for mixing, I didn't need to do that anymore because Pro Tools supports dual mono mode for plugins natively - no weird routing needed. And since I use Ableton for the creation process I can pretty much route anything I can dream of in Live.

So, it served a purpose for awhile but I'm not using it at the moment.

I'm not sure I would buy it unless it's fulfilling a very special need that you have. And in that case, it's an awesome tool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, that's why I haven't picked it up yet. Plus, it's never dipped into the no-brainer threshold for buying... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mibby said:

Yes, that's why I haven't picked it up yet. Plus, it's never dipped into the no-brainer threshold for buying... 

Dude, how can you pass up 10% off???????

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2022 at 9:03 AM, mibby said:

Interesting! Those two are on my "list".  I picked up Connector because it seemed pretty useful and was reasonably priced.  I just wish they'd have a reasonable sale someday...  😕

Connector is great too. I haven't used it extensively yet, but I plan to put some time into it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2022 at 12:09 PM, James Foxall said:

Thanks Scott - I have Patchwork but I'm not familiar with Plug'n Script. I'll check it out...

It lets you create your own MIDI and audio effects / synths using scripting. Quite a lot of fun if you're into creating your own stuff. It even lets you export your design as a VST plug-in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...