The Eyes of Autumn

Wookiee

I admire your approach to this type of music, even though I'm really not into it.  I tend to lean to more melodic stuff where yours could be considered atmospheric and experimental (not knocking it, BTW).  That being said, your music does create a feeling and a certain type of emotion which I associate with nature type documentaries or maybe Carl Sagan kind of background things.  It's a type of music I respect, even though I don't partake of it much, but I must say I found this particular piece appealing.  The bell type sounds were especially pretty, like ear candy.  There is a part of me that would like to experiment with this kind of music, but right now I'm too inundated with the more traditional Pop stuff ideas to work on.  You do well with this.

🙂John B

Hey, Wook,

This is a pretty cool sounding piece of experimental electronica!😀

Great choice of synths and a nicely textured mix, and I agree about it having a cinematic vibe, and could easily picture it as part of a film soundtrack.👍

The drawing is pretty cool too, and a bit ominous.  I always love when musical inspiration sparks up from different media, events and elements, and how a single glance at art work, a book, a movie or even a look at the sky or a scenic panorama can inspire a complete story and musical piece.  Good stuff!😀

Nice work, my friend, and have a great day!
Bob

I think it fits that drawing very well! Something was going on in the wide panning, some creepy atonal blender.  Nice . . . certainly sets its own limits.

The windchimes perhaps a bit much? Are windchimes the musical cliche that a cowbell has become?  Perhaps I just had a traumatic windchime experience as a child.

Off to therapy now.

Still a fun listen!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks to you @Bob Oister you are most kind.  I met Larry once, had a very interesting chat with him about his art.  If my furry brain remembers correctly he frequently used his daughter as a muse for his females and did like to draw females.  That picture is from a series of pictures of female witches and magicians.  I am lucky enough to have that very picture hanging in our lounge, signed by Larry.

• Like 2

as I was listening, and looking at the drawing, I thought it fit very well. It allowed me to get lost looking at the drawing while enjoying the experience of it all together. Reading about ol Larry (RIP) I was surprised at what he did. I never got into D&D until my son came along. He and his group would spend hours playing. Then they got me into Magic, The Gathering and I was always enjoyed looking at the art. My song had me buy him so many D&D books, and the art was always outstanding. And ol Larry was one of the guys that set the pace/standard. Interesting.

Good song Wookiee. I like that kind of stuff.