Sweet Anne (version critique please)

Jesse Screed

she came to me in the middle of a dream and asked if she could do as she pleased and i said go ahead,

hello, please tell me which one is better.

I know that both versions are veryy gritty, and i can clean it up,

but one is bigger  just let me know

i lose my way at 1:40, i think, but if you hang on until 3:00 there is some coll effect

please excuse the long fade out

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13882262

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/player.cfm?songID=13882260

• Like 1

Maybe 1x is just a bit cleaner, clearer. To be honest they sound pretty close to me. I think the effectery towards the end of 1x might be improved, and the vocals in 1x seem just a bit clearer?

Hard to tell. I like the pulse and the gobs of psychedelia.

Cheers,

-Tom

Hi Jesse

Couldn't differentiate really for critic, and I don't normally comment on your stuff as I don't 'get it',  but this is bloody good, my wife asked wtf was I listening too and as Lynn said, John and Yoko came to mind ...not sure if she believed me ... don't think so ..... Thanks, and for what it's worth the mix is spot on for this stuff.

Steve

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 7:37 AM, SPAK said:

Hi Jesse

Couldn't differentiate really for critic, and I don't normally comment on your stuff as I don't 'get it',  but this is bloody good, my wife asked wtf was I listening too and as Lynn said, John and Yoko came to mind ...not sure if she believed me ... don't think so ..... Thanks, and for what it's worth the mix is spot on for this stuff.

Steve

that is a great story,

I am happy that your woman tolerates you so early in the morning

she must be a gem stone

keep her close

• Haha 1

I might opt for the first version but both are pretty close (at least on my phones).  I like the FX on the vocals it does have a Lennon sound to it (goo goo ka chu).  It seems that you have gone on a slightly new path on this song (a 1960's feel)  ---  and ---- it works!!!  Great fade!  Oh ya - nice mix also.

Good stuff Jesse!