use of iRig Keys I/O?

Phil Raino

So I've been attempting to use my iRig Keys I/O with the latest Bandcamp version of Cakewalk, but am running into a few problems:

•  I record something using the iRig's microphone input, and when I playback, the recording has been sped up to be twice as fast as the tempo in which I recorded it.
  • (Perhaps not related to the controller itself): Choosing a different patches in various soft synths/VSTs causes the sound output to have a distorted, "grainy" character. Oddly enough, pressing P to call up the preferences dialogue box will immediately fix this and restore the sond to its correct character).

Hopefully a simple fix asked by a simpleton. 

@Phil Raino

Your issue reads as thogh there is a mismatch between the Windows audio, iRig I/O driver and the CbB audio settings that is corrupting your audio.  My guess is you will find a difference in the audio sample rate (Redbook CD standard is 44.1Khz) or bit depth (Redbook CD standard is 16 bit).

For whatever reason many users in other forums I frequent are reporting one or more of those settings are changed, generally after either a Windows or program update.

Also a guess on my part but perhaps opening preferences forces CbB to release or reset the iRig I/O driver. 

• Like 2