Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jack Hawk

DAW no longer sees Bandlab.com

Recommended Posts

Since encountering the issue updating the BandLab assistant I began exploring what the issue may be. I've found that I can no longer open a web browser to the BandLab site. I can do so on my other computers, I can ping the site and trace route from the DAW with no issues, but it will not connect to the site. I'm wondering what may be the issue, and whether anyone else has seen this issue. I'd like to figure what went wrong to cause this. It worked when I first downloaded the app and CbB back in April of last year, and all updates have worked until this last one. I'm not sure what to look for next. If I can ping it, why can't I connect to it?

Thanks

 

Edited by Jack Hawk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that I can think of is that either your browser or Windows Firewall has somehow flagged bandlab.com as a suspect domain and is blocking the http protocol.

You could try using a different browser or disabling Windows Firewall and see what happens. If it works, then you can work on getting the rule out of there that`s blocking bandlab.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought of that and verified firewall is off and no VS is running... It's weird. It did work back until this last round of updates. CbB did update, and I got BandLab assistant to update by downloading to a different machine and carrying the files to my DAW. I'd like to fix it, but I'm lost as everything else in the house sees the BandLab site...

On 1/3/2019 at 4:00 PM, Starship Krupa said:

The only thing that I can think of is that either your browser or Windows Firewall has somehow flagged bandlab.com as a suspect domain and is blocking the http protocol.

You could try using a different browser or disabling Windows Firewall and see what happens. If it works, then you can work on getting the rule out of there that`s blocking bandlab.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I can throw at it is to answer your question about "if I can ping it, why can't I connect to it" with the fact that Ping and Https and whatever the BandLab Assistant uses use different ports.

They're different protocols.

Which is what I was getting at with the firewall thing. Some mechanism may be blocking those ports or protocols while happily letting Ping on through.

At this I have no more suggestions as to what that might be. The more I run Windows 10 the more I find out that it has aspects I don't like, such as malware protection I can never permanently disable. It's actually moved past OSX as far as bondage and discipline, which is sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate the help... I'll keep trying and see if I can figure it out. As far as Win 10, I can connect through several Windows 10 laptops, 2 Vista builds and a win 8.1. I've no idea as to what the issue is with this as it connects every where else I go... only BandLab is a problem... As long as CbB updates, which it did this last time, I suppose I can live with it, but It makes no sense why this one PC has a problem... 

 

Thanks again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which browser are you using? Have you tried a different one? If the issue is only with one browser it is most likely a cache issue. Try deleting your browser cookies, at least those for .bandlab.com also .cakewalk.com. Then clear your browser's cache. Shut the browser down then try again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Chrome as my preferred browser, but also tried to connect with Edge with no luck. I get an error that the page won't load on both. Yesterday I uninstalled and reinstalled BandLab Assistant with no luck. I'll try clearing cache and report back... thanks all for the suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got it... looks as if clearing the cache did the trick. Interestingly, it looks as if it was seeing the page, but was unable to load for some reason... I tried flushing DNS first, which didn't appear to work, and then cleared the cache, shut down the browser, and Viola...  back in business... Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...