DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor

Hidden Symmetry

MDE.png

What is it?

Everybody who has ever had a chance to listen to a MagicDeathEye compressor has been blown away by its sound. Carefully designed by Mr. Ian Sefchick (mastering engineer at Capitol Records), this tube compressor’s circuit is loosely based on a Fairchild 660. It’s a variable mu compressor that sounds just as great on your mastering bus as on your individual tracks. Nothing is smashed here, everything breathes and shines while the MagicDeathEye will smoothly glue your audio signal together in that warm and almost elegant way only expensive tube compressors can do it.

Already now a legendary piece of hardware, the MagicDeathEye compressor is just to good to be exclusively available only to some of the greatest studios in the world. After almost a year of careful circuit and signal analysis, DDMF and Ian Sefchick are extremely proud to present the official plugin version of this lovely beast! Staying extremely close to its hardware role model while still keeping the CPU load at a very reasonable level, we sincerely believe that the answer to the ever-old question “Do I really need another compressor plugin” is a resounding yes for this one!

DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor $99.00

https://ddmf.eu/magicdeatheye/

"Since a lot of effort has gone into the development of this new tool, the price is a little higher than the other DDMF plugins: $99 (well, still a steal compared to the $8000 you'd have to spend for the hardware version). Full Bundle and All Plugin Bundle owners get a 25 percent discount... for this to take effect, please enter MDEBUNDLE into the voucher form that will appear at checkout. Please use the same email address you've used for the bundle purchase; if this is an issue, please get back to me. If you are not a Full Bundle or All Plugin Bundle users, please do not use this bundle as the purchase will still go through, but the license will not end up in your account."

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

updated to 1.03-

2019/06/11: v1.0.2 fixed possible cause for occasional high CPU load in some hosts
2019/06/03: v1.0.1 graphic optimizations, update info screen, settings reload on iOS
2019/06/02: v1.0.0 initial release

I wasn't planning on getting any new plugins but bought this, it replaces so many I already have & does a fantastic job.

A great year so far for new plugins; This, new  IK Tape Collection & Vertigo Sound's VSC-3

Guyz , here' my take on it ! 

1) Presentation of the concept and plugin tour (don't skip this , you will have some great infos i got from Christian , the dev )

2) In use on some deep house track  (@ 6 min 50)

3) In use on some 808 beat (first beat) (@ 14 min 20)

4) In use on another 808 beat ...(Second beat !) (@ 19 min 20 )

5) The hot girl mode !! 

6) Playing with all Time settings back to original beats and hot girl try again

7) Conclusion

Thks For watching , hope you enjoy it ,don't forget to like and sub ;) .... and try the damm thing !!

Edited by Zo
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Piotr said:

Seems like Zo falls in love with compress girl ;)

Definitly my style .... actually my wife  could be labeled 60 " style ;) 

But seriously this thing rocks , period !! i kinda skipped it cause so many stuff dropped at the same time ...but then when i got back to try it taking my time , i really loved it "again"

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Definitly my style .... actually my wife  could be labeled 60 " style ;) 

But seriously this thing rocks , period !! i kinda skipped it cause so many stuff dropped at the same time ...but then when i got back to try it taking my time , i really loved it "again"

But...but... but... but... Zo... How many favorite compressors do you have? ;)

Well my fav is the VSC 3 

what i love with this one is that i can all in one for stuff i would use a LA2A or a TL100 here , a CL1B here , a Manley there ...ect ...it's an all in one smooth and groovy box ...

For punch something like ARousor or a great channel strip can do it ....

So if you're looking to an easy to set up always souding gooding thingy : bingo ...

If you're happy with what you have in that area ...no need ... and if you jump , just try to sell some (it's harder than never i think but you can try)

At the end for real , it's not my fault that dev are getting better and better !

Edited by Zo

9 minutes ago, Zo said:

Well my fav is the VSC 3 

what i love with this one is that i can all in one for stuff i would use a LA2A or a TL100 here , a CL1B here , a Manley there ...ect ...it's an all in one smooth and groovy box ...

For punch something like ARousor or a great channel strip can do it ....

So if you're looking to an easy to set up always souding gooding thingy : bingo ...

If you're happy with what you have in that area ...no need ... and if you jump , just try to sell some (it's harder than never i think but you can try)

At the end for real , it's not my fault that dev are getting better and better !

Yup, true... There are more and more great plugins available and also more and more great VST instruments and also prices are much more affordable than ever...

But still those old ones are not less good as they were. The are the same as they were, fortunately virtual gears don't change their sound even a bit :)

So our mission is buy them all ;)  Joking (?)  :D

You are right it would be hard to sell but actually it is not my intention. In fact collectors decease has a strong advantage... From time to time (ok, maybe more frequently ;) I forget to get ilok with me, or move Wave licenses to cloud or there is an issue with something or just feel need a change (I am not pro so no obligation to be consistent ;) Having such redundancy I always have legions plugins to use for any strange and sudden idea  :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...