SOLVED Dual zoom (horizontal and verticle)

tecknot

I would like the ability to zoom in both horizontally and vertically at the same time (like zooming in the Staff View).  If there is a trick to it and I am missing it, please enlighten me.  If you would like this feature in CbB, then please leave a comment or react to this post.

Kind regards,

tecknot

4 hours ago, tecknot said:

I would like the ability to zoom in both horizontally and vertically at the same time (like zooming in the Staff View).  If there is a trick to it and I am missing it, please enlighten me.  If you would like this feature in CbB, then please leave a comment or react to this post.

Kind regards,

tecknot

This? 

1 minute ago, tecknot said:

I Will and welcome back.

Yes!  How did you do that?

Kind regards,

tecknot

Lol. What do you mean welcome back? Was I gone? 🤣 

To Zoom in: Hold down "Z" and left click. 

To Zoom out: Just hold down "Alt" and press "Z."

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, tecknot said:

Sure you were, when you stated you were done with Cakewalk.

🤣 No. 🤣 That was a joke based on the other threads we've seen this month from users saying that. Also, I was done with some projects at the time, which has left me in exhausted. Now I'm two weeks off from making music and spinning discs (Dj) really needed this time to myself. 

Glad I could help with the request. 

Edited by Will.

Yes. When you're using teh full zoom "Z+Highlight" Just use Alt+Z to return back to its original size. 

Whem you Hold "Z" in plus left click to Zoom in steps you'll have to hold down Alt+Z or keep tapping on it to reverse your steps. I'd suggest you change these key shortcuts to your preferred Shortcut Keys. It is link to other keys. 

By default ALT brings up the cut Shortcut key and I believe Z turns off snap and Smart Tool. Systems are switched off and I've locked up already. 

• Thanks 1

I see, thanks again Will.

I did notice that the Smart Tool is disabled when pressing "Z", but as I continue to zoom in the snap value increases up to one sample.  It also decreases as I zoom out.  That seems like a potential problem depending on your workflow.  If Snap just turned off (which it doesn't on my machine) then that wouldn't be a big problem.

Kind regards,

tecknot

• tecknot changed the title to SOLVED Dual zoom (horizontal and verticle)