Synth Rack Control Graphic

Colin Nicholls

Well, here's a challenge. I haven't found it yet. The KNOB is obvious but the elongated oval background graphic remains elusive.
Also interested in the value text - I suspect these can't be changed in the Theme Editor.

Note that these don't appear unless the Synth Rack is un-docked.

Thanks @sjoens for the challenge...

Edited by Colin Nicholls

Unfortunately, not editable.

The background w/o the rosettes used to be a graphic, along with the collapsed Browser, Inspector's MIDI Key +, Surround Panner background, and others. For some reason they keep removing graphics, hiding them away in the exe file.

Edited by sjoens

On 3/15/2022 at 9:17 PM, Colin Nicholls said:

Note that these don't appear unless the Synth Rack is un-docked.

I came to know about these Synth Rack knob controls feature a few weeks ago, most of the time (actually now that i think of its all the time) i just hide the Synth Rack bcoz i don't find any particular use for it. Now that i found these knob controls i think i I'll find more use it...but, unfortunately i don't have a lot of screen space on my laptop to have the Synth Rack undocked to use the controls. Really wish that it was allowed to open these knob controls while the Synth Rack is docked below or above the plugin browser like it is by default, then i qouldnt need to undock it to use the controls.

Does anyone have any idea if this can be actually made possible by the dev team and if it can be taken as a feature request?

20 minutes ago, In A Week said:

Does anyone have any idea if this can be actually made possible by the dev team and if it can be taken as a feature request?

Sure, they have the code and the ability to do it, but it has been this way since its introduction.

The knobs are visible when view is floated OR in the multidock.

9 hours ago, In A Week said:

most of the time (actually now that i think of its all the time) i just hide the Synth Rack bcoz i don't find any particular use for it.

Same here. It's always seemed kind of vestigial. Every once in a while I see that it contains a synth that I thought I had deleted and that now has no track assigned, so I delete it from the rack.

I'm no help, can't even figure out what I need to do to get those knobs to appear. Assigned controls? Assigned to what? For what reason? Maybe a controller?

When I hit the button to assign a control, the UI for my synth popped up and just sat there.

19 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

When I hit the button to assign a control, the UI for my synth popped up and just sat there.

When u select that Assign Control button on the synth rack, it will open the synth UI and u need to like, wiggle or move one of the synth controls a little bit and then close the synth window and then press again on the Assign Control button to add it as a control knob in the synth rack.
Here, check this video:

14 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Oh my...didnt know u could assign multiple controls all at once.
Thnks a lot!

...I still think it would be a helpful if i could use these controls while i have the synth rack docked below or above the plugin browser like it is by default. Atleast maybe limit the no. of knobs shown depending on the width of the plugin browser already set (?)