Sample rate/Buffer disparity?

There may be something I don't understand about these settings. I generally stay at 44100/24, as far as I know. I have a project I'm having some minor but annoying issues with a plugin (Kontakt) breaking up and even crashing. It mixes down okay, but sure is hard to mix. In the project, on the menu ribbon under "audio configuration" it says I'm at 48/16. If I click on it, it opens the preferences to the driver settings which shows I have 44100/24 selected (per attachments). Per Bandlab tech support I'm running WASAPI (shared) instead of ASIO because I was having an issue of DAW audio and computer source audio crashing my audio engine. I can't find a way to change the sample rate/buffer settings for this project to match the settings in my preferences. Any thoughts?

project sample rate.jpg

Preferences sample rate.jpg

The box you show in Preferences will set that as the sample rate for new projects. If there is no audio in a project you can change your sample rate in your audio interfaces control panel. You are using on board audio and this is another of the pitfalls of this. Windows will change sample rate depending on what apps you are using. You might have opened a You Tube, which are 48hz, and then opened Cakewalk. Therefore a new project set at 48. Just a guess on that but you can set windows defualt in Audio settings as shown in this first video. 

1-Audio Set up  https://youtu.be/JM8rKHQ9GIo

In this video I demonstrate how to change the sample rate of a project with Audio in it. 

104-Changing Sample Rate of Project   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBNf-jyuzI

Any audio you recorded will be at the sample rate displayed in the Transport. 

Projects without any audio use the sample rate from preferences.

If the project has any audio clips, the sample rate is read from a clip header.

If the clips are frozen synths tracks, unfreeze the track, close and re-open the project.

If the clips are not frozen synths tracks, here is the process for changing project sample rate.

Actually, I don't use onboard audio, I'm running through a Behringer UMC404HD interface. So what I'm getting then is, somehow my sample rate was at 48 when I recorded these tracks, so that upper number "48" will always show that, because it's reading at what bit depth they were recorded. No matter what I set in my prefs?

Great video, btw, thanks.

Edited by Richard Schweitzer