Waves Abbey Rd Reverb distorting on a Send..

Hello everyone,

So I have a simple session open, just acoustic and vocals, and when I put Abbey Rd reverb on a send (for either track) it distorts like mad, horrible fuzz sound. As soon as I switch it off, the song sounds normal again.... any other reverb works perfectly, and Abbey Rd works in other DAWs on my computer... 

Is there a specific Abbey Rd issue with Cakewalk that I'm unaware of?

Many thankls for any ideas :)
Craig

Thanks man, yeah checked that, all ok, and as said, it works fine on other DAW (Mixcraft, ProTools)

System is:

HP Omen (Gaming laptop)

i7 6 Nucleo 4Ghz

24G RAM DDR4

SSD NVMe M2 drive....
Shouldn't be the system if it works on other DAW, right?  #confused 

Edited by The Online Busker

Just now, Will. said:

Those specs are decent enough for it not to have any issues. Perhaps this project has more effects than the others? Try taking the upsampling off (x2 button)  off in the control bar.

It's the same even when there are no other effects anywhere, like, it's first plugin used, just to try it.. :( and works on other DAW, it's just Cakewalk... weird, right?

Yeah, upsampling won't matter. By default, no plug-ins are set to use upsampling. The user has to configure plug-ins to take advantage of this feature.

So, you are using the native ASIO driver with the VST3 format of Waves Abby Road Reverb and no generic ASIO drivers are installed

What version of Windows?

9 minutes ago, The Online Busker said:

It's the same even when there are no other effects anywhere, like, it's first plugin used, just to try it.. :( and works on other DAW, it's just Cakewalk... weird, right?

Yeah. That is weird. I can't think of anything else that might cause this right now. 

3 minutes ago, scook said:

Yeah, upsampling won't matter. By default, no plug-ins are set to use upsampling. The user has to configure plug-ins to take advantage of this feature.

The x2 upsampling in the control is enabled by default. 

4 hours ago, The Online Busker said:

Thanks man, yeah checked that, all ok, and as said, it works fine on other DAW (Mixcraft, ProTools)

System is:

HP Omen (Gaming laptop)

i7 6 Nucleo 4Ghz

24G RAM DDR4

SSD NVMe M2 drive....
Shouldn't be the system if it works on other DAW, right?  #confused 

Ah, I had a very similar problem with my HP laptop that was driving me bonkers when I had 24 gigs with 3 SODIM memory sticks installed, and believe the problem may very well be your RAM memory config. My laptop's mainboard wouldn't support running in "Duel Channel" memory mode unless it had an even number "MATCHED PAIR" of physical RAM cards/sticks installed.

You'll need to look in the manual to identify which memory slots are paired together, then you can try pulling the 1 out of the slot that the documentation says is paired with the empty slot.

And if that does the trick you will also notice a nice little kick in the GAS in overall computer performance.

Hope this helps, & good luck!