现在听这个

Wibbles

3 minutes ago, craigb said:

Does the term "MEAT FREE" try to imply that what's in their normal Spam actually has meat?

It probably depends on how you define meat. For example, a few decades ago my then wife (a vegetarian) and I went to a Chinese restaurant and she wanted to make sure a particular dish didn't have any meat.  It was clear from attempts at clarifying the matter that to the staff, meat meant beef, not chicken or pork.  So, by that definition, "normal" Spam doesn't have meat!  😜 

In any case, I doubt it was Halal, Kosher, Vegetarian, or Vegan (or good for people needing a reduced sodium diet for that matter)!

Very good for catching carp though, and even the odd tench, they seem to love a spot of luncheon meat. Always raises a few eyebrows when I go to the supermarket to buy eight mini tins of sweetcorn and four tins of spam. You can see the cashier thinking

'poor sod, I wonder of he's heard of food banks...'

'It's for fishing' I say, by way of justification, but they always give me that same knowing look 😂

Andy

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

Very good for catching carp though, and even the odd tench, they seem to love a spot of luncheon meat. Always raises a few eyebrows when I go to the supermarket to buy eight mini tins of sweetcorn and four tins of spam. You can see the cashier thinking

'poor sod, I wonder of he's heard of food banks...'

'It's for fishing' I say, by way of justification, but they always give me that same knowing look 😂

Andy

Considering you could use Velveeta cheese too, you could really give the cashier something to think about! 😆

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Has the 'raspberry ripple' fred been nuked?

Just stopped back in and it looks like several have been wiped out. 🙄

I guess you'll just have to settle for "Last Night's Jam" instead of raspberry ripple! 😆

Haha, while the OP (of the nipple thread) was factual, I figured someone would sensor.  One's jocularity is another's offense!

And BTW, I am a Spam eater.  Mom used to take it and grate it with cheddar cheese, mix with mayo & seasoning, spread it on hamburger buns and put it in the broiler.  When you're feeding seven kids on a limited budget and all, you get creative!

My grandkids thinks it's great - they love spiced ham sliders!!  

Edited by Fwrend