X570

StarTekh

FWIW,

Ryzen 3000 series CPUs and X570 motherboards aren't yet available to purchase (not even for pre-order).

Of the top-tier X570 motherboards listed on AMD's site, none have onboard Thunderbolt-3 (all have USB-C but it's carrying USB-3/1).

https://www.amd.com/en/chipsets/x570

Of these X570 boards, the only one that has confirmed Thunderbolt-3 support is the ASRock X570 Taichi (has a Thunderbolt-3 header that supports their add-in-controller).

Asus and MSI don't yet have specs listed.

The only X570 motherboard that I've seen that has onboard Thunderbolt-3 is the ASRock Aqua ($1000 and fully liquid-cooled - both CPU and Chipset).

That's much more involved than using a fully self-contained (closed loop) water-cooler.

Ryzen 9 3900x

• Boost clock-speed of 4.6GHz
  • 12 cores
  • 24 processing threads

Intel's i9-9900k

• Boost clock-speed of 5GHz
  • 8 cores
  • 16 processing threads

Based on these specs, I'd expect performance to be similar.

I think real competition from AMD is great.

IMO, Equal performance at an equal price-point isn't enough of an impetus to move to AMD.

• i9-9900k has been available for months (rock-solid platform)
  • You can lock all 8 cores at 5GHz
  • With proper air-cooling, it runs near dead-silent

Some of the top-tier Z390 boards are pushing the $500 mark.

If you've got the budget to spend $1000 on a motherboard, you may as well just max out with the i9-9980xe.

For most purposes, that's still the king of current CPUs (with the $2000 cost to match).  

In ASRock's defense, they're only building 1000 of the X570 Aqua motherboards... as they know the appeal is limited to the hardest-core techno-geeks.

Akin to a "concept car"... or even a "custom-shop" instrument   

There is no question : I'm sticking to intel as this 8086k build is near perfect..in general I go main stream boards like Asus z370-a … as I don't want extra features. TB with Apollo mk ll twin is sonic and flawless .. Happy Tracking !