Studio One v4.5.1 released May 29, 2019

TheSteven

Studio One - Version 4.5.1 Release Notes (May 29, 2019)

The following issues have been fixed:
● Faulty assignment of ATOM pads
● Volume automation is laggy
● Crash on undoing instantiation of instruments
● Audio events disappear on bounce when writing tempo information option is disabled
● Crash on hitting Alt+Arrow up/down in empty song
● Limiter metering mode switch is broken
● Pop-up menu for "Add Insert" command has wrong properties

• Thanks 3

• TheSteven changed the title to Studio One v4.5.1 released May 29, 2019
1 hour ago, Zo said:

Bapu , for the love of GOD tell me witch DAW is your main lol ?

For tracking and editing I use either CbB or Studio One Pro 4.5 depending on my desired workflow and who I am collaborating with.

I try to do all my final mixing/mastering in Mixbus 32C 5.x. I don't consider it a DAW amd probably never will but it feck-all great mixing console IMO.

Reaper is there but I rarely use it.

Back in the dark days of SONAR Platinum I purchased Samplitude X3 and MIxcract 8. Once I had to rebuild my c:\ drive I chose not to re-install those two. I simply did not click with them. And I cannot resell them. 

I recently bought the Cubase 10 cross grade but have not installed it yet as I need my serial number from bestservice.de. And even with that since it's not ARA-2 compatible I'm going to hold of on registering it until version 11 (with ARA2) comes out. 

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

For tracking and editing I use either CbB or Studio One Pro 4.5 depending on my desired workflow and who I am collaborating with.

I try to do all my final mixing/mastering in Mixbus 32C 5.x. I don't consider it a DAW amd probably never will but it feck-all great mixing console IMO.

Reaper is there but I rarely use it.

Back in the dark days of SONAR Platinum I purchased Samplitude X3 and MIxcract 8. Once I had to rebuild my c:\ drive I chose not to re-install those two. I simply did not click with them. And I cannot resell them. 

I recently bought the Cubase 10 cross grade but have not installed it yet as I need my serial number from bestservice.de. And even with that since it's not ARA-2 compatible I'm going to hold of on registering it until version 11 (with ARA2) comes out. 

Ahaha thks , what's so big about Ara 2 ?

33 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Hopefully ARA2 will be in 10.5....which is due later this year.
11 won't be out until next year

And.... since I'm in no rush to get into Cubase I can wait on either event (that would cost me money). 😋

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

I don't plan on settling the great Internet debate about which is the best DAW between CbB , Studio One Pro 4.x & Cubase (on Windows that is). 

All are of great quality and have their strenghts, but for me, with the integration with the Presonus hardware (Faderport 8 and Atom), Studio One allows me to focus on creation and it's the most intuitive.

6 hours ago, Bapu said:

I did that with Studio One 3x version and waited for 4 to come out to register it.  I'm glad I did too as I'm mostly back using CbB but I'm slowly looking at the project page and arranger in Studio One and I like what I see :) 

6 hours ago, Zo said:

Ahaha thks , what's so big about Ara 2 ?

PreSonus and Celemony are joined at the hip, so the most functionality is reflected in Studio One (Chord track functionality is a big one, but you can Google ARA 2 for more details). Cakewalk was neck and neck till Gibson yanked the rug out from under them, but CbB is recovering from that event. Unless you are in the "ARA 2 now!" mindset, I think CbB will pick up the gambit sooner than it would take to learn another DAW.

9 hours ago, mettelus said:

I think CbB will pick up the gambit sooner than it would take to learn another DAW.

Unless you are like me where I already have learned another DAW (or two). 😋

10 hours ago, Ryan99 said:

All are of great quality and have their strenghts, but for me, with the integration with the Presonus hardware (Faderport 8 and Atom), Studio One allows me to focus on creation and it's the most intuitive.

Agreed Faderport 16 user here. Works a treat.

9 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

One of the reasons I want to learn Presonus Studio One more is because I want the Faderport.

Faderport 16 works pretty good in Mackie mode in CbB too. Reaper & Mixbus 32C use the Presonus mode.

Edited by Bapu