trackball scroll wheel

If you are in the Track View, the mouse wheel will scroll the contents of this view unless you click on a control (such as volume) to select it. When selected, it has little brackets at the corners of the control, such as the volume control shown here:

image.png.74e3eac0b5d683ce4cd4c0914bcef679.png

Once the control is selected, you can hover over it and use the mouse wheel or trackball wheel to adjust it. If you de-select the control by clicking the mouse over a clear area where there is not a control, then the mouse wheel will not adjust the control, even if you are hovering over it, because the control is not selected. The mouse will scroll the screen instead. This protects you from accidentally adjusting a control when you want to scroll the screen instead. The CbB documentation describes this here:

https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Playback.20.html

image.png.8cf857c33ffba629e747ee9ae15764d6.png

However, the Console View behavior is different from the Track View. In the Console View, it doesn't matter if you select a control or not. If you just hover over a control, the mouse wheel will adjust the control, even if you don't first click the control to select it. For this reason, I am especially careful when scrolling in the Console View. When I scroll the Console View, sometimes the mouse happens to end up right over a control. If I don't notice that, and I try to scroll again a few seconds later, the control will adjust instead. It would be great if the Console View would work just like the Track View in this regard.

In short, when you are in the Track View, the mouse wheel always scrolls the screen unless you first click a control to select it, and then hover over it. In the Console View, simply having the mouse over a control is enough to change from scrolling to adjusting. If the mouse is not over a control, the wheel will always scroll the screen.

I hope this helps.