On the fence with Cakewalk *SOLVED*

49 minutes ago, Starship Krupa said:

50 Volts! Och, McLeod, d'ye live up 'n the Orkneys?

Not that far North! I'm 30 or so miles North of Glasgow. Remote, but pretty close to civilization.

I think it's only happened twice in 20 years, so I can't complain :)

[OT] Glasgow gives me a chuckle... one of the strangest travel experiences ever for me. After flying into Heathrow and telling them I need to get to Glasgow, the rep gives me the deer in the headlights look (came across that they had no clue where Glasgow even was), then runs into the back and brings out someone with a map. They point to Glasgow and ask, "Here?" "Sure thing." "But the train doesn't go that far... it stops down here (several miles away)" Getting there took 17 hours total, but once in Scotland, the folks were awesome. (This was about 6 months after "Braveheart" was released, and was one of the most hospitable places I have ever been.)

14 hours ago, mettelus said:

came across that they had no clue where Glasgow even was

It's the largest city in Scotland, for heaven's sake.

I, too have heard the people are great. They'll do things like make your nanoKONTROL2 work with Cakewalk and ask naught in return.

I must wonder how someone who works in an airport, not just any airport, but the largest airport in the United Kingdom, which Scotland is a part of, not know where Glasgow is. To me, being that unprepared would be a bad dream : "I'm at the counter at Heathrow, and people are asking me basic things, like how to get to Cardiff, or to Dover to pick up the Channel Tunnel train, and I don't know how to answer any of them. Then I wake up with my pulse elevated."

I've always pronounced the name of the city "GLASZ-goh," which I hope is correct.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 11:53 PM, msmcleod said:

Not that far North! I'm 30 or so miles North of Glasgow. Remote, but pretty close to civilization.

Aye! Close enough to get to a pub in Glasgow for a fight every Friday night.