Hi GUYS PLEASE ANSWER ME

SkG RAVEN

Question

Hi guys , i just bought a bm800 condenser mic,v8 soundcard (plus cables,stand and everything)

After doing online reviewing i have seen cakewalk is the best DAW i can go with...(been using bandlab for a while)

My question is this guys ...

#1Since i wanna use all that equipment,can i produce proffesional music?

#2 How do yall double vocal  in the chorus to make a fattened bass vocal...especially here on cakewalk...am stuck on this guys.

PS: thanks in advance

5 answers to this question

1. Yes, you can produce professional music, but bear in mind the BM800 is very much an entry-level microphone.  It'll take some practice to get your vocal recording / mixing technique to sound how you want it to.   The BM800 can sound quite harsh in the upper mids, so you may need to tame them a bit with EQ.   The ProChannel EQ is more than capable of this. This is a good starting point:  https://youtu.be/qdDDVortvRU

2. The best way to double vocals is simply to record it again on another track.  There are double-tracking plugins you could use, but you may find phase issues with them translating to Mono ( i.e. someone listening through their iPhone speaker ).

Bra, you can produce professional music in any DAW. What you need to do first(and I can't stress this enough) it's to equip yourself with as much knowledge on music making as possible. You can own a multimillion-Dollar studio with every piece of equipment available in the world - but if you do not know how music works and have a trained ear, your multimillion-dollar studio will mean crap. Congratulation on taking the first step to purchase some much-needed things. Now take this moment and learn bro. 

Where are you from? 

1 hour ago, SkG RAVEN said:

#2 How do yall double vocal  in the chorus to make a fattened bass vocal...especially here on cakewalk...am stuck on this guys.

This depends on the track that you're recording on. There are millions of techniques out there for this. A technique given now might not work for your next song. Your snare might need to sit under the 808 in another track, or your vocals might not even need "Fattening." Maybe it just needs to sit up front (AKA) "In your face." Every track has different challenges. This is where knowledge and creativity come in | and | you can't teach creativity - unfortunately. 

Edited by Will.

The Mike gets the OK from reviews with warnings of like Mark said about sound quality. It's a good starting point, better than other options. 

But the Audio interface is going to be a waste of time as far as seeking professional results. That's a Podcasting set up.  Number 1  it does not come with quality pre amps, and number 2 it does not use ASIO drivers which are paramount to acheiving professional recording quality of Audio on a DAW. 

At least invest in a Focurite Solo. That's about as cheap as you can go and get good results. The mike will perform better with better pre amps involved. 

I have a whole series of Tutorials if your interested in learning how Cakewalk is works. They go in sequence. 

Suggestion for future inquiries: put a taste of the issue you want help with in the title of your post. It's a better way to attract people with knowledge about it. Everybody who posts in this section wants answers.

9 hours ago, SkG RAVEN said:

Hi guys , i just bought a bm800 condenser mic,v8 soundcard (plus cables,stand and everything)

Since i wanna use all that equipment,can i produce proffesional music?

Depends on how hard you're willing to work.😄There's nothing about that package that would prevent you from it, and if your budget for mic and interface was $50, you're not going to find better. I'm not one to tell people who've already invested in gear that they should have spent more money and gotten something better. If you had asked before buying the package, you may have gotten a different opinion from me.

The better the quality of the gear, the easier it gets to get good results because you're not fighting its limitations. In this case, fidelity of the mic, and possible noise floor of it and the interface. But that's not to say you can't get good-sounding results with what you have, it'll just take more effort and learning your mixing tools.

As others have mentioned, entry-level Chinese condenser mics tend to have a presence peak, but in my view it's better to capture the information and subtract some of the highs with EQ than it is to try to add highs where they're not. Noise can be gated or edited out, especially if you're only using the mic for voice. When you record, if you stick the pop filter in front of it and move in close it will help emphasize the body of your voice. Who knows, maybe you have a voice that the BM800 will flatter.

If you stay with making music, as your listening skills develop you'll surely outgrow the mic and interface, but by that time you'll know if you want to stick with it. The next level up for vocal recording would be an AT2020 and Scarlett Solo (or Studio 2|4), the pair of which would cost $200-ish new (but are available on the used market). And you'll still be able to use the pop filter, stand and mic clips from your $50 bundle with the better quality gear. Win.