Waves (new) ClarityVx plugin not loading-RESOLVED

NOLAGuy

This problem appears to be similar to the Feb 20th topic: Waves CR8 Sampler.

Using CW 2022.02.  I've installed correctly, it would appear, the new plugin noise reduction plugin from Waves... Clarity Vx, but using the CW Plugin Scan, I was not seeing the Clarity Vx plugin loadingI get the Cakewalk VST Scan box crash with the message "Cakewalk VST Scan has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program...". The Scanner stopped at the file "Clarity Vx MONO" which would be the plugin I'm looking to load in. This is a Vst3 plugin and is in the Waves v13 series. It's a 64bit plugin, and Waves loads these plugins into the Program Files (x86) folder. I've tried reloading using the Waves Central installer twice and even ordered a demo of another v13 product, whic loaded in CW successfully as part of the same install instance. I've done some troubleshooting and have filed a support ticket with Waves this weekend, so will update once I get a reply.

In the "Waves CR8 Sampler" thread  from Feb 20 2002, several suggestions were made about other Vst3 files that CW had issues loading via the Plugin Scanner. Although I will wait a response from Waves before doing some of the suggested  options which involve moving and deleting Waves files with users having mixed results, I'm posting this as an alert in case there is a problem with the Cakewalk  Plugin Scanner/Loader which was suggested in that previous thread might be an issue since several other non-Waves products also encountered difficulties loading Vst3 plugins.

UPDATE: I received a reply from Waves Support. Some interesting info, although I'm not going to purchase ClarityVx because I have an AMD processor pre-Ryzen9 and they are only supporting ClarityVx on the Ryzen9 chip. Here's the text...

Thank you for contacting Waves Tech Support.

Please note that Waves plugins are not yet supported on Cakewalk 2022, since it not had been tested yet.
Also, the only AMD processor that's supported for Clarity VX is Rayzen 9 only.

In the matter of files and locations - Waves do not install plugins in the form of .vst3 or .vst, but .bundle files, with the naming scheme being [PluginName].bundle.
I.e. as you've seen, Clarity VX is installed in your Plug-Ins V13 folder as Clarity VX.bundle.
The file that the host application reads when scanning is the WaveShell1-VST3 13.x_x64.vst3 (in Cakewalk's case). That is installed in C:\Program File\Common File\VST3.

Edited by NOLAGuy
New update

20 hours ago, NOLAGuy said:

This problem appears to be similar to the Feb 20th topic: Waves CR8 Sampler.

Using CW 2022.02.  I've installed correctly, it would appear, the new plugin noise reduction plugin from Waves... Clarity Vx, but using the CW Plugin Scan, I was not seeing the Clarity Vx plugin loadingI get the Cakewalk VST Scan box crash with the message "Cakewalk VST Scan has stopped working correctly. Windows will close the program...". The Scanner stopped at the file "Clarity Vx MONO" which would be the plugin I'm looking to load in. This is a Vst3 plugin and is in the Waves v13 series. It's a 64bit plugin, and Waves loads these plugins into the Program Files (x86) folder. I've tried reloading using the Waves Central installer twice and even ordered a demo of another v13 product, whic loaded in CW successfully as part of the same install instance. I've done some troubleshooting and have filed a support ticket with Waves this weekend, so will update once I get a reply.

In the "Waves CR8 Sampler" thread  from Feb 20 2002, several suggestions were made about other Vst3 files that CW had issues loading via the Plugin Scanner. Although I will wait a response from Waves before doing some of the suggested  options which involve moving and deleting Waves files with users having mixed results, I'm posting this as an alert in case there is a problem with the Cakewalk  Plugin Scanner/Loader which was suggested in that previous thread might be an issue since several other non-Waves products also encountered difficulties loading Vst3 plugins.

I'm able to load Clarity Vx without a problem. It's possible there might be something with your local Waves install that might need to be addressed, but in general there doesn't appear to be any issues with it on our end. 

• Like 1

@Jonathan Sasor  I posted the response I received from Waves in my original post. It appears that the reson I couldn't get the ClarityVX plugin to work was because Waves state that "the only AMD processor that's supported for Clarity VX is Rayzen 9 only." and I use an AMD chip that is a pre-Ryzen9 processor, so something in the the way Waves works their plugins (they don't use Vst or Vst3 labeled plugins) their process blocked the loading possibly because it identified an incompatible processor chip.

You may also want to note that, at this time, Waves does not offer tech support for their plugins on Cakewalk2022 because they haven't yet tested on the new version.

On 3/14/2022 at 2:33 PM, NOLAGuy said:

@Jonathan Sasor  I posted the response I received from Waves in my original post. It appears that the reson I couldn't get the ClarityVX plugin to work was because Waves state that "the only AMD processor that's supported for Clarity VX is Rayzen 9 only." and I use an AMD chip that is a pre-Ryzen9 processor, so something in the the way Waves works their plugins (they don't use Vst or Vst3 labeled plugins) their process blocked the loading possibly because it identified an incompatible processor chip.

You may also want to note that, at this time, Waves does not offer tech support for their plugins on Cakewalk2022 because they haven't yet tested on the new version.

I wondered about this, though I've used other Waves plugins without issue with Intel processors that didn't meet the listed specs for the plugin. Clarity VX is the first one I've encountered that simply refuses to work.

I am having an issue with the F6 Floating -Band EQ, Renaissance DeEesser and Vocal rider all recently updated to V13. I wasn't planning on getting any updates, but I thought, what the heck, I use these plugins quite a lot. As a matter of fact, I'm in the middle of a paid project where I am using them. Since the update they don't load properly, or in the case of Vocal rider cause Cakewalk to crash on project opening randomly.  I locked for the plugins and they are indeed labeled .bundle . I wonder if this is the reason they are magically not working anymore?

I have a support ticket in with Waves , but haven't heard back yet. 

• 1 year later...

After been unable to load the Waves Clarity Vx V14.0 and reported it to Waves Support, here is their response:

Hello Luis, 
The Pro Audio team has found the issue.
You are using an Intel Core 2 Duo processor which is not supported as Clarity Vx requires AVX and Intel Gen 6 or above.
These requirements appear on the Clartiy Vx support tab here:

https://www.waves.com/plugins/clarity-vx#tab-tech-specs|tab-sys-req

Let me know if you need anything else.
---------