Updated several utilities for CbB v2.0.10 2023-05-06

scook

1 hour ago, scook said:

In order to keep multiple versions of Cakewalk installed and switch between them, I find the safest way is always run Cakewalk from Launchpad. 

If you want to use some other strategy for switching between versions of Cakewalk, that is up to you.

As has been mentioned before in this thread:

• Every release of Cakewalk.exe has an associated version of CW130Auto.dll in shared utilities.
  • Before CbB 2019.09, the dll was backward compatible with older releases of the program. This changed with 2019.09.
  • Starting with 2019.09 the Cakewalk.exe and CW130Auto.dll must have the same version number.

Beginning with CbB 2020.04 every new release has an associated rollback installer. For most, this is probably the best way to deal with problems encountered when running the current version. The rollback installers may be successively applied to access any release from 2020.11 to 2020.01.

I agree totally in order to keep multiple versions of Cakewalk installed and switch between them, that the safest way is always run Cakewalk from Launchpad. The thing is for me I only ever run old versions when I run into a bug in the current version. When I ran into this bug (that I've reported already to Cakewalk email support) I did some testing and used launchpad to test other versions.

When I ran into this problem I posted the bug under 2011.01 Feedback. You saw this post and Noel said my mini-dumps were caused by the wrong CW130Auto.dll. For some reason the check mark on restoring the current version of CW130Auto.dll didn't work in my case and caused the crashes. 

He suggested I reinstall 2021.01  Since the install files are not saved, the only way I saw of doing this was first uninstalling CbB and then reinstalling 2021.01  Well that turned out to be a big mishap, because then my export presets were gone. I didn't hear of any way to restore them, so I used the rollback installer and after that CbB would not open at all saying there was an error in with ttslame.dll not found.

This is when I decided to just revert my C drive to the image file I made right after installing 2020.11 So in retrospect I think I should have instead put the 2020.11 CW130Auto.dll into Shared Utilities and only run it and not run 2021.01 anymore.

FWIW, since the addition of the in-app updater in 2020.09 installers downloaded using CbB are stored on disk.

Without the 2021.01 installer, one way to re-install the current version is rollback to the previous version. Then BA and CbB will both make the update available.

Either way, if I have trouble with the current release, chances are I would rollback before re-running the current installer.

Links to the rollback installers are provided in the release announcement.

For example, the link to the 2020.11 rollback installer is near the top of the 2021.01 release announcement.

38 minutes ago, scook said:

FWIW, since the addition of the in-app updater in 2020.09 installers downloaded using CbB are stored on disk.

Without the 2021.01 installer, one way to re-install the current version is rollback to the previous version. Then BA and CbB will both make the update available.

Either way, if I have trouble with the current release, chances are I would rollback before re-running the current installer.

Links to the rollback installers are provided in the release announcement.

For example, the link to the 2020.11 rollback installer is near the top of the 2021.01 release announcement.

You said installers downloaded using CbB are stored on disk - can you tell me where? I used to open the downloads folder and if I was fast I could select it and copy it to a different folder before it was deleted, in case I need it later. But I stopped doing that and don't see the download

>>Without the 2021.01 installer, one way to re-install the current version is rollback to the previous version. Then BA and CbB will both make the update available.<<

thank you this is a great idea and would have prevented my debacle. At that time I was not aware of the rollback feature - live and learn - ha ha.

>>Links to the rollback installers are provided in the release announcement.<<

cool, I saw it and now know how to do all this better next time

7 minutes ago, gmp said:

You said installers downloaded using CbB are stored on disk - can you tell me where? I used to open the downloads folder and if I was fast I could select it and copy it to a different folder before it was deleted, in case I need it later. But I stopped doing that and don't see the download

From the 2020.09 product announcement above

• In-app updater
    • You can now download and install future updates directly from Cakewalk instead of using BandLab Assistant.
    • Select Help > Check for Updates to check if an update is available. An Update Available toast notification appears if an update is available.
    • Click Download Now to download the update in the background. You may continue using the application while downloading. Download progress will be displayed via a toast message.
    • Updates are downloaded to a Cakewalk subfolder in your local Downloads folder.
    • When the download is complete, click Install Now to install the update. You will be prompted to save your work and exit the app to allow the installer to run.

image.png

image.png

image.png

When complete, the last message has a link to open the download folder.

51 minutes ago, scook said:

From the 2020.09 product announcement above

When complete, the last message has a link to open the download folder.

This is great info

I just did an experiment, I'm using 2020.11 and I  chose to download the update, after it downloaded I opened the folder and saw that this is a different path from the way Bandlab did it. I chose not to run the file and closed Cakewalk. The file was deleted. 

In the future should i immediately save that file to a different folder, because Cakewalk will delete the file after install? Or is that file saved?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

File > Export creates an html file containing a table from the data displayed.

Select does not do anything.

At least that is how it works for me. 

To further process the data, load the html into a spreadsheet tool or view it in a web browser.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear Steve!

Thank you so much for your great tools to improve your Sonar/Cakewalk experience! I am currently using the latest version of CbB Tools_2.0.13 and would like to ask for a link to an updated resource with new versions. Version 2.0.10  is still posted on the official resource, I got lost and now I can’t even find the page from which I downloaded version 2.0.13   😉 

Bl would really appreciate a link to a page with updated downloads of new versions!

Sincerely, Igor!