Updated several utilities for CbB v2.0.10 2023-05-06

scook

6 minutes ago, gmp said:

I understand why  I should use Launchpad with 2019.09 and any later versions, because of CW130auto.dll. And I see only 2 CW130auto.dll in the "sub" folder. So how is Launchpad handling 2019.07 and all earlier versions of CbB? It seems like it would need all those versions of CW130auto.dll in the sub folder also.

Yes, all versions of CbB need the dll. I use a generic dll for versions older than 2019-09.

3 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

For the most part, programs seem to launch as expected (including appropriate warnings about files being made on newer versions, missing plug-ins, etc.).

All of this is handled by the DAW. Launchpad just runs the DAW with or without file on the command line.

The program serves two purposes:

1. switching between versions of CbB
  2. managing lists of CbB projects, project templates and MIDI files (an alternative to the start screen).

Updated Launchpad to v1.9 -Now it silently skips unsupported Cakewalk products instead of shutting down.

See the OP for the link.

For existing users do not delete the current Launchpad folder. To update, overwrite the current folder with the contents of the new zip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scook said:

Updated Launchpad to v1.9 -Now it silently skips unsupported Cakewalk products instead of shutting down.

Just tested a few simple things (listing projects from different sources/folder locations, and launching projects and *.mid files to test). Seems to work just fine. Thanks again for adding the silent skip-unsupported-older-versions feature!!  

Edited by User 905133
fix typo
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2019 at 11:11 PM, scook said:

Yes, all versions of CbB need the dll. I use a generic dll for versions older than 2019-09.

T his all makes sense now, except I'm still curious how older Platinum versions can work without Launchpad.  Do they use W130auto.dll? I also have Sonar 8.5, is hta tok too?

38 minutes ago, gmp said:

I'm still curious how older Platinum versions can work without Launchpad.  Do they use W130auto.dll? I also have Sonar 8.5, is hta tok too?

CW130Auto.dll was created for CbB. SONAR releases have similar files under different names located in the same folder. What makes CbB different is rather than create a new dll and adjust the program to look for the new file, the decision was made to reuse dll name even though it is incompatible with prior releases of CbB.

As I wrote above, this is CbB issue; it is not a SONAR issue. SONAR is not affected at all.

All new versions of Launchpad, Tools Editor, Upsample Editor and VST Inventory released as CbB Tools.

A complete rewrite. All tools have font, style support and improved table displays

Delivered as "CbB Tools.zip" containing a readme.pdf and "cbb tools.exe"

As noted in the OP the zip is available from my Google page.

Existing Launchpad users should copy "CbB Tools.exe" into their existing Launchpad folder.  Other may copy "cbb tools.exe" into any folder such as "c:\program files\cbb tools". The readme has a little more info on install. 

Any questions? Please post them in this thread.

thanks

Some sample images follow

5kLyEjC.png

7eZ4leq.png

cCR5Pmt.png

CGbfIkl.png

rYLLr45.png

• Like 5

The iniWrite failure for the UpsampleEditor happens when no PluginUpsample entry  is present in Aud.ini

I'll need to add a check for that. That will take a minute.

Can you tell me which programs are throwing the other iniWrite errors?

Ok, Google finally refreshed.

I believe v2.0.2 addresses the environment and upsampleeditor.ini errors.

After recompile, I could not generate the two other iniWrite $tbl errors. They may be related to the environment failure.

If they continue, please let me know which tools are throwing them I will take another  look.

Thanks for the feedback.

OK, I did a lot more testing this time and everything seems to work except the Upsample Editor.

When i launch it is is empty and I can use Add to add one or more or all VSTs to the list.

But when I exit I get this message in all cases:

can'Clipboard-1.thumb.png.92d7a0a4622f80cb2756ed6be8e4e51b.pngt read "dawBox"...