Keyboard Macros?

I used to have a programmable keyboard that allowed any keyboard shortcut to any sequence of commands. It was very handy in the DAW, although CW already uses so many keyboard shortcuts there weren't many left to assign. 

Such keyboards are popular with gamers. Go on Amazon and search "Programmable Keyboards".

There are also software-only solutions that intercept keystrokes before they get to the application. The advantage is that they work with any application, even DOS programs. 

Here's one I haven't used myself but have long thought would be ideal because it offers its own keys.

616PEmCVhzS._AC_SX466_.jpg

• Like 1

I have a few USB foot pedals that are fully programable with any one or combination of keyboard and even mouse clicks. You set them in record and make your moves and it saves this and assigns to one of the pedals. They are used initially by people who transcribe recordings to text so they can keep their fingers on the keyboard. They are also used by machine operators and musicians like me for live performance 

Just Google USB foot switch. They range from $15 to $300. I have both. The one I like the most and use for live performance control of my backing tracks is called Stealth. 
https://stealthswitch3.com/

I use one of the cheap ones from Amazon to control Cakewalk. I have it set for R, W. and space bar. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 2