FR: Improve audio import dialog auditioning

petemus

Sometimes audio files to be imported have a long silence at the start of the file. Then you hear nothing in a looong time if you audition the file with Play button in the file browser dialog.

How about implementing automatic skip to the start of audio when stating auditioning a file? Or, even better, how about rendering a quick,  small waveform strip of the file where you can skip to a location you want to audition.

These days the auditioning is only useful for files that only have a short period of or no silence at the start of the file.

2 hours ago, petemus said:

Or, even better, how about rendering a quick,  small waveform strip of the file where you can skip to a location you want to audition.

Then you can just as well drag and drop the file into the TV. It's x100 faster? That's what I normally do when I come across these sample loops and just delete them from the TV again. I can see why it might be a problem to some though. 

Or maybe add a waveform viewer? This way you will know if you have to import it to the TV or listen via the browser. 

• Like 1