How do I add 2 pan controls on a stereo track?

usalabs

Ok, seeing as I'm not going to use and never will use CbB, this is the only forum now for Cakewalk users, and I use Cakewalk Sonar X3 PE, so, this is a valid question.

I have a track with 2 waveforms (presumably the track is stereo), but the track in itself has only one pan control for both waveforms, how do I assign a pan control to each waveform?

An example would be to look at the attached screenshot, and taking Bass.WAV track and there's 2 waveforms, presumably left/right channels, but the inspector, only shows 1 control for both waveforms, what I want to do is to take the guitar track (not expanded), and separate the waveforms into 2 individual tracks, each with their own vol slider, pan, FX, etc etc, so that I can pan them left and right.

Waveforms.png

Edited by usalabs

You should have the Channel Tools effect that came with X3. Pan controls for each channel are at the bottom right.

Capture.PNG.f69b6db24610f88974e19dfc9d7ef886.PNG

If you really want two separate left and right mono tracks, from the menu buttons select Tracks->Bounce to track(s) and select Split Mono as the Format.

Capture.thumb.PNG.98fd42ed8a673b45536457669dd3cdcf.PNG

Edited by Variorum
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1