Sonible Proximity EQ FREE with any purchase at Plugin Boutique

cclarry

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I did the same, but not looking forward to the ilok non-sense.  

I know it says that you do under the requirements but I'm not sure you need it - you get a serial you can use 3 times.

you have to apply for an ilok licence (I'm still waiting for a reply on that one, yawn!)

I have to say that I prefer ilok to a serial number I might lose - but then I don't really use audio software on a laptop, although they do a "software" version too.

7 minutes ago, simon said:

I know it says that you do under the requirements but I'm not sure you need it - you get a serial you can use 3 times.

you have to apply for an ilok licence (I'm still waiting for a reply on that one, yawn!)

I have to say that I prefer ilok to a serial number I might lose - but then I don't really use audio software on a laptop, although they do a "software" version too.

I have 5 machines I do creative work on.  

Consider getting a password manager (LastPass and KeePass both have free options), you remember one password to the database and that is it, the rest are encrypted inside of it.  All ilok does is require yet another password, and either an additional application that provides zero value or a dongle that takes up a perfectly good USB port and costs an absurd amount of money..

Edited by Brian Walton

9 minutes ago, simon said:

The code you get you enter into the iLok software, which gets you your license.

Go to the "License" menu, and select "Redeem Activation Code"

1 hour ago, simon said:

These days the only way you lose your serial number is to lose the internet.  It's not difficult to back up emails and archive software. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I have 5 machines I do creative work on.  

Consider getting a password manager (LastPass and KeePass both have free options), you remember one password to the database and that is it, the rest are encrypted inside of it.  All ilok does is require yet another password, and either an additional application that provides zero value or a dongle that takes up a perfectly good USB port and costs an absurd amount of money..

This is always a great case for dongles.   I tend to favor developers that don't have machine limits.

26 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

This is always a great case for dongles.   I tend to favor developers that don't have machine limits.

If this wasn't a specific utility (de reverb) I was looking for, I wouldn't even bother.   And if it was more expensive would have passed given the ilok piece.   

Always look for companies that don't set such limitations.  

Not a fan of dongles, USB ports are precious.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kitekrazy said:

I don't know who brought up the iLok but mine came with a serial#.

I haven't started the process, but the instructions on the PB website suggested it was needed:

Important Note: In order to activate your product, you must have the soft iLok License Manager installed on your computer. 

Well, with Sonible iLok activation is optional, but not completely, as the license manager still needs to be installed. No need for an iLok account. Most probably they're using PACE system service to obtain unique machine ID for their online activation system.

They seem to be the only company using PACE this way.

If you really need to use a dongle, it is possible, but you have to ask their support staff to actually move one of two activations to an iLok account.

Reference: their FAQ and installation guide.

Edited by h3kke
added links

7 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

I haven't started the process, but the instructions on the PB website suggested it was needed:

Important Note: In order to activate your product, you must have the soft iLok License Manager installed on your computer. 

Well I guess it's wrong.

12 hours ago, cclarry said:

The code you get you enter into the iLok software, which gets you your license.

Go to the "License" menu, and select "Redeem Activation Code"

hi Larry

the serial I for my proximity eq is a 4 x 5 digit alphanumeric code - doesn't look like an ilok activation code and doesn't work in the ilok software.  Ilok codes are 7x4 + 1x2 digit numeric only ?

PB say:

"iLok Activation Instructions

1. Please contact support@sonible.com providing your purchased licence key and your iLok account name."#

Are you saying you managed to get the supplied sonible code working in ilok ?

thanks 

3 hours ago, simon said:

hi Larry

the serial I for my proximity eq is a 4 x 5 digit alphanumeric code - doesn't look like an ilok activation code and doesn't work in the ilok software.  Ilok codes are 7x4 + 1x2 digit numeric only ?

PB say:

"iLok Activation Instructions

1. Please contact support@sonible.com providing your purchased licence key and your iLok account name."#

Are you saying you managed to get the supplied sonible code working in ilok ?

thanks 

No, I just thought that it was the usual iLok activation code.  I haven't installed it yet,
so my apologies.  Have you tried launching it in a DAW and seeing if the "Serial #" Dialoq
pops up?

• Like 1

Guys, please read my post above.

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Well I guess it's wrong.

It's not wrong :) iLok software is required but it just needs to be installed (no need to use the license manager as iLok account is not required).

3 hours ago, simon said:

4x5 serial number is typical for Sonible products, just download proximity:EQ+ from this link http://downloads01.sonible.com/tvapi.php?sku=plu-0003, make sure you have iLok manager installed and you're good to go, just enter the serial number during first start of the plugin to authorize it online.

• Like 2