Time Track Automation Lane

Perhaps something like this is there and I just haven't found it yet.

Audacity has a type of track called a 'time track' and I use it occasionally. Wondering if there is something in CakeWalk like this that I haven't found yet. If not, then perhaps something that could be introduced.

I know Melodyne works with pitch, and can utilize the automation lane, but this would be more for speed (which would also effect pitch).

2 hours ago, Adalheidis Daina Aletheia said:

VariSpeed! No, and not likely anytime soon tho it's been asked for a dozen & 1/2 times at least.

If they ever add it, similar to Audacity would be cool. Another lane below the Time Line. Before long no room for any tracks. :S

Edited by sjoens

3 minutes ago, Mark MoreThan-Shaw said:

What does it do for those of us that have never used Audacity ?

The time track looks like an automation lane in CakeWalk. You place your your point/envelope where you want adjustments. Move them down, it slows the speed of the track down. Move them up, it speeds it up. Doing either will also effect the pitch. Placing points close enough together will create a tremola effect, kind of like a whammy bar/vibrato bar on an electric guitar.

It's not really a big deal as I still like using audacity for allot of stuff and it was the first DAW I ever used. Just wondered about any similarities in CakeWalk. Here is their manual page about it.

https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/time_tracks.html

There is an example of a piece I did in the Songs section of this forum if you need an audio example, it is fairly prevalent in that piece throughout. It's fun to play with for doing weird things. https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/40323-improv-piece-part-i-original-version/

11 minutes ago, Base 57 said:

You mean like the Tempo Track (Alt-T)?

Looks like that, but the tempo track doesn't change the actual speed and pitch of the recording. At least not for me it doesn't. Tempo track is for the metronome only I presume (haven't really used tempo track that much).

Edited by Adalheidis Daina Aletheia

19 hours ago, Adalheidis Daina Aletheia said:

Audacity has a type of track called a 'time track' and I use it occasionally. Wondering if there is something in CakeWalk like this that I haven't found yet. If not, then perhaps something that could be introduced.

I know Melodyne works with pitch, and can utilize the automation lane, but this would be more for speed (which would also effect pitch).

Okay. Yes, you can do this, but its old-skewl. 

4 hours ago, Adalheidis Daina Aletheia said:

The time track looks like an automation lane in CakeWalk.the track down. Move them up, it speeds it up. Doing either will also effect the pitch. Placing points close enough together will create a tremola effect, kind of like a whammy bar/vibrato bar on an electric guitar.

Okay, thanks for the explanation  - No there isn't one in Cakewalk, it would be useful though