Getting TH3 Overloud To Sound Its Best

I've been having fun with the paid version of TH3-Overloud. I know there's a lot of potential here but I am having a hard time getting my guitars to sound as tight as they should. 

My problem is when I select most sounds in the TH3 library, they sound incredibly dull and flat until I've tacked on a custom EQ. I get the sense the sound library should sound better out of the box. For example, if I select their "Crazy Train" chain, it initially sounds like I'm running a $50 dollar guitar through a $20 amp. I can often get it sounding better with EQ work but it often takes a long time to set up. I usually send my input to a Bus with the FX chains.

Any advice on what I might be doing wrong? I'm running my guitar through a steinberg UR22mkII. I have PRS guitars, a passive pickup Custom 24 and active pick up Torrero SE. 

Thanks!

Stop using presets and craft your own tones that have the sound you want.

Whoever comes up with those presets uses his guitar and his fingers to get what he thinks sounds right.

So of course, when you play your guitar with your fingers through his preset it's going to sound different.

Besides, the sound you hear on the record is not the same sound that came out of the amp. It's been EQed etc.