In Session Audio Shimmer, Shake, Strike 2

cclarry

Today we are pleased to announce the release of Shimmer Shake Strike 2

https://insessionaudio.com/products/shimmer-shake-strike-2/

Shimmer Shake Strike Owners: Get Version 2 with the Expansion for $69.98.
Upgrade here
https://insessionaudio.com/products/shimmer-shake-strike-2/#/

New In Version 2

MORE INSTRUMENTS

101 new options: tambourines, shakers, small hand percussion, claps, snaps, stomps and more.

MIDI DRAG & DROP EXPORT

Drag a MIDI version of any pattern set directly from the interface and into your DAW for playback.

FEEL CONTROL

Automatically intensify a part’s groove through rhythmic level changes.

HUMANIZATION CONTROL FOR ALL INSTRUMENTS

Independently enhance the human feel of any instrument in a pattern.

VOLUME OFFSET VIEW IN THE PATTERN EDITOR

Fine-tune the groove by adjusting the volume of any step(s) within your patterns.

PATTERN EDIT LINKING

Create faster by linking and editing the rhythms of two (or all three) instruments simultaneously.

OTHER ADDITIONS & CHANGES

Increase in pattern capacity

Expanded instruments’ usability at lower tempos

New delay effect with improved stereo & ping-pong options

Increase in reverb room choices

Re-worked original tambourines and shakers for improved musicality

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

Well- That is why the bundle was a good deal three weeks ago.  Upgrade = $70  😒  Sent a plea to support.  Will report back. 🤞

Fast response to my inquiry, but not good news (IMO)

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry to say there is no further discount.  

One reason SSS1 w the Expansion was priced at $49.98 instead of its normal price of $119.98 (which is what the vast majority of individuals paid) is because the new version was coming out.  

This way, someone could get version 1 inexpensively and decide later if the upgrade to 2 made sense - and if it does, then they'd collectively spend $119.98 - the same as if they bought version 2 with the Expansion today without an upgrade discount.  

I appreciate your purchase and I hope this makes sense.

Thank you again.

Dennis

Edited by Brian Lawler
Resonse.
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

This way, someone could get version 1 inexpensively and decide later if the upgrade to 2 made sense - and if it does, then they'd collectively spend $119.98 - the same as if they bought version 2 with the Expansion today without an upgrade discount.  

Thanks Brian.  I have opposite problem.  I got version 1 expensively and looking to get version 2 inexpensively hehe

47 minutes ago, Brian Lawler said:

Fast response to my inquiry, but not good news (IMO)

One reason SSS1 w the Expansion was priced at $49.98 instead of its normal price of $119.98 (which is what the vast majority of individuals paid) is because the new version was coming out. 

Would have been nice of them to tell us this. "Transparency," what a concept.

SD3 and SSS1 will be enough for me. Not paying $70 for an "upgrade" on a $49 product.

So glad I didn't previously fall for their "Four for three" sales pitch. Doubt I will ever purchase anything from them again.

• Like 1

Bought the first version in November when it was $49.98. Pretty sure everyone who did that is going to be feeling the same way right now. Maybe I'll be waiting to just before they launch version 3 to upgrade to version 2 at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

I purchased and installed v2 (upgraded from v1), but haven't had time to play with it yet. FWIW, v1  with the expansion takes up less than 400 MB of drive space. v2 comes in at close to 1 GB with the expansion, so there's a lot more going on that makes the $70 upgrade price reasonable. YMMV.

Lots of great new features and updates to old ones ... but $70 to upgrade?!?

I paid only $200 to upgrade Komplete 13 UCE from version 12, and that came with a gazillion VIs, FXs, and Expansions!

I'll buy SSS v2 when it goes on sale...

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

What am I missing? If you bought SSS1 cheap ($50), you can get SSS2, if you want, for the same total amount that a new buyer would pay. That's better than most upgrade deals I'm currently aware of for my plugins (i.e. it would cost me more, total, to upgrade to bundles from the plugins I own - most of them bought during sales - than if I were a first-time buyer just getting the bundles now). Not to mention that you get to use SSS1 and decide if/when to upgrade, while the rest of us have to decide between parting with $120, or stick to using the Drumkit from Hell on bossa novas 🤕

I picked this up - and yes it's too expensive as an upgrade, but putting that to one side :)

It does sound good - lots of detail improvements/enhancements in the playback engine and a lot of extra sounds and lots of presets/snapshots if that's your thing.

3 hours ago, fitzroy said:

What am I missing?

Well, from my perspective, transparency.

They knew it was within a few months of End-of-Life, and this was not communicated, irrespective of costs/total-costs between ver 2 and ver 1 + upgrade.

IMHO would have been much better for them to say ver 1 is EOL, but ver 1 sale price + ver 2 upgrade price will = ver 2 price.

$ is not the problem, lack of transparency/respect for customers is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bad Penguin said:

$ is not the problem, lack of transparency/respect for customers is.

Why EOL though? Maybe end-of-sale. It will work fine and you're free to use it for the foreseeable future. As for transparency, let's say they announced, together with the $50 sale for SSS1, that SSS2 was coming (not that many companies, if any, do that). How would you be better off than you are now? 

15 hours ago, Brian Lawler said:

reason SSS1 w the Expansion was priced at $49.98 instead of its normal price of $119.98 (which is what the vast majority of individuals paid) is because the new version was coming out.  

and

14 hours ago, James Foxall said:

This upgrade seems expensive. 

4 hours ago, locrian said:

but $70 to upgrade?!?

1 hour ago, simon said:

yes it's too expensive as an upgrade

then to the question

14 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

How would you be better off than you are now? 

Answer: By knowing the "type" of company I would be dealing with. The difference between someone like OTS and IKM. I will gladly do business with OTS, while I will not even d/l any freebies from IKM.