Jerry Gerber

Produced with:
Vienna Symphonic Library Orchestral Cube
Softsynths Massive, Rapture and Tera
Roland XP-30 synthesizer

PLAY

From the CD
Number Eleven: The Path

Tokafi : "...The eleventh in a series of orchestral albums using entirely sampled instruments, it brings together elements of Classical era-writing, late Romantic orchestral music and American minimalism with a cinematic sensibility.
The record not only demonstrates the powerful and masterful application of sampled instruments, but, at least as importantly, showcases Gerber’s versatile and emotive writing."

www.jerrygerber.com

Edited by jsg
  • Like 3

Beautiful....your post mentioned minmalism as a facet but i don't hear much minimalism in your works (at least, not this piece), if anything, they are some of the most compositionally astounding pieces of music I've ever heard 🎶🎶🎶🎶

46 minutes ago, garybrun said:

Hi Jerry.
You have an amazing talent in your arrangements wish I could hear what you hear in your head.
I do listen to all your tracks when you post them.

Thanks for listening Gary! I post my pieces on 4 different music forums and this forum is the only one that gives me any feedback or comments. I have no idea why.

Jerry 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, bjornpdx said:

Dreamy.  I like the combination of traditional instruments and synth sounds. I think you said once you do everything in the piano roll view? Which is amazing to me.
-Bjorn

Hi Bjorn, 

No, I've never in my life used the piano roll view for composition. I compose in the staff view, and make use of the event list and the controllers view often. 

Thank you for listening and commenting, glad you enjoyed the movement! 

Jerry 

7 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Hi Jerry, interesting piece, both contemporary and traditional instruments and effects blend really well. Such a rich tapestry of sound, beautifully and intricately woven. Highly enjoyable.

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks for listening and commenting! 

Best,

Jerry