Ilok closing its service for Russians and BelaRusse

Zo

I do not think this is just “any” political issue, as some have suggested. In addition to the humanitarian issues at stake,  it is one sovereign nation launching a massive invasion of another,  in an area of the world that was the origin of 2 world wars, …..which gratefully occurred before the vast majority of us on this forum were born.   If there is a third, it will, in all likelihood be the last.

I’m not sure I agree with ILocks’ position here (their customers include podcasters as well as musicians), but before we get up in arms about innocent Russians (and there are many of them ) having to replace an ilock plug-in with a non ilock plug-in), we should take a deep breath. Perhaps it would be a bigger artistic gift to them to support world efforts to end Putin’s totalitarian regime. Because make no mistake about it—artistic freedom does not exist in such societies .

Edited by LAGinz
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

By things like McDonald's pulling out of the country, people are going to want to know what is really going on and will start to question.

Haruki Murakami calls McDonalds food junk food and most people in Russia agree with this. So it's not McDonalds, that's gonna put end to the sick dictator's regime.

5 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

most people in Russia have no idea what is really going on because their media is being very controlled right now and they are painting a picture that the rest of the world is at fault

It used to be the case when the war started. Now the situation has changed. Most people do understand that it's horrible slaughter of innocent people in the name of usurper who claims to be national leader. By most I mean more than half. Not sure how many exactly.

4 minutes ago, StopWar said:

Haruki Murakami calls McDonalds food junk food and most people in Russia agree with this. So it's not McDonalds, that's gonna put end to the sick dictator's regime.

It used to be the case when the war started. Now the situation has changed. Most people do understand that it's horrible slaughter of innocent people in the name of usurper who claims to be national leader. By most I mean more than half. Not sure how many exactly.

Most people in America agree with it as well yet it's still one of the highest grossing restaurants in the country. This is also why Russians were lined up around blocks to get their last fix of it yesterday when the news broke. Plenty of videos available online of this happening so obviously many do care.

Regardless of how many people you believe may know, the fact that there are still those who don't is a problem.

• Like 1