Ilok closing its service for Russians and BelaRusse

Zo

I created a thread days ago pointing my concern about the ongoing fuelled hysteria that brougth us back in the 70 ' .

I was asking brands to anticiapate access issue , (roland cloud stuff, subscriptions , only licencing cloud based ect ...) 

the thread escaleted fast as usual ....

But before closed this info  surfaced and if true it's unbelievable and such an unilateral break on contract / deal is simply illegal and a VERY dangerous first.

"iLOK SERVICES
In solidarity with the sanctions implemented by governments and business partners, we are disabling our iLok services in Russia and Belarus.

Our hearts go out to all of the people affected by the unprovoked attack on Ukraine.

Allen Cronce
President and CEO
PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc.

Andrew Kirk
VP and COO
PACE Anti-Piracy, Inc."

I don't know if people here knows ilok CEO , but if so , CLEAR public clarification is a MUST , expecting to send such emails to RU based people while playing it cool with the rest is a proof of double standard , hypocrisy and a clear indication how placing a third party between Plugin makers and the costumers is a suicide imho !!!

Such decisions should have been taken in consultation with all brands using ilok and even costumers .....wtf ....who the f...this guy think he is ?

Sorry guyz for being upset , but why sanctionning people that have nothing to do with the situtaion and doing something tha will change absolutly nothing to the war exept showing its political believes and a sentiment of having to tell the world about it ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 7

However inconvenient that is for our friends, fellow musicians and engineers in those countries it's not nearly as inconvenient as being shot at.

I think we should bear that in mind when we complain about the actions of others during the current war.  You might not agree with them but at least they are trying to are doing something to help.

Edited by simon
  • Like 4

It is disturbing how easy it is to convince people that systemic banning is a normal behavior, what these people have common with war , they probably do not even support it, I do not think that the artistic community supports war, It is a gross violation of the freedom of the individual. it shows how much subscriptions are worth, soon you can be banned for any reason. I'm from Poland doesnt support russians, but  hysteria goes too far,

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Szymon said:

It is disturbing how easy it is to convince people that systemic banning is a normal behavior, what these people have common with war , they probably do not even support it, I do not think that the artistic community supports war, It is a gross violation of the freedom of the individual. it shows how much subscriptions are worth, soon you can be banned for any reason. I'm from Poland doesnt support russians, but  hysteria goes too far,

I don’t want to make politics here, but it’s not mass hysteria, it’s mass murdering and destruction of a country.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Szymon said:

Do you think the Germans that were bombed by the Allieds in the 2nd World War did all support Adolf H.? Or even each soldier of the German Armed Forces?

This is the collective responsibility of a people that is punished! Is it right? I don't know ... There is never justice in wars!

• Like 3

It’s all part of a new form of consumerism. No more simple payment based purchases. You’ll have to express your stance on a number of values before you’re allowed to spend your money. Could even become part of a product’s Terms and Conditions:

Article 1: Purchasing our stuff requires full payment. 
Article 2: Owning our stuff requires acceptance of the following value positions: …

• Like 3

Maybe Musicians of the World need to lobby the UN to get protected status that transcends geo-political divisions.  Kind of like:

"Attention Politicians of the World: Since before there were nation-states and other modern geo-political entities, there were musicians.  All musicians and the modern-day services they rely on to make music must be protected. Musicians must not be punished for the sins of the leaders of the geo-political places where they live." 

PS: Feel free to send this statement to the political leaders where you live, but please don't make it political (i.e., favoring one party or another, etc.). Thanks.

Edited by User 905133
To add a PS
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Esteban Villanova said:

All these systems of control that are being used against civilians in another country can and WILL be used against you. 

Yup.  That's what I am afraid of:  WWIII, world-wide nuclear destruction (direct and indirect) , fallout, etc.  The nuclear weapon threat is totally abhorrent. 

"War is not healthy for children and other living things."

Musicians of the World Unite!

Edited by User 905133
grammatical corrections

1 hour ago, simon said:

However inconvenient that is for our friends, fellow musicians and engineers in those countries it's not nearly as inconvenient as being shot at.

You're right! It's all about convenience.

It's very inconvenient for the USA or Germany to supply Ukraine with MIGs from USA base in Germany because (sic!) both USA and Germany are NATO countries. However it is extremely convenient to do this from Poland, because it's not as much NATO country as other counties.

Double standards and total BS at its finest.

This move by iLok is nothing but stealing customers' money.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StopWar said:

However it is extremely convenient to do this from Poland, because it's not as much NATO country as other counties.

That's not actually true - but why let facts get in the way of your delusions ?

Hopefully we can agree that the death of ALL innocent people is a terrible crime - to equate this with the removal of ilok support (which isn't strictly true either) shows a huge disrespect for those lives lost and you should be ashamed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, simon said:

That's not actually true - but why let facts get in the way of your delusions ?

My delusions? Please, elaborate.

5 minutes ago, simon said:

Hopefully we can agree that the death of ALL innocent people is a terrible crime

Absolutely!

6 minutes ago, simon said:

to equate this with the removal of ilok support (which isn't strictly true either) shows a huge disrespect for those lives lost

So don't do this. I don't.

7 minutes ago, simon said:

you should be ashamed

I am ashamed of sharing the same culture and speaking the same language with people who started this war and who support it. That's what I'm ashamed of. Not of what you imply and accuse me of.

There are a few reasons this is happening. The first is the tougher the world makes it on Russians, the more likely the government is to cave when the general populous gets angry with their government about being blocked from literally everything.

The second part, possibly the more important one is that most people in Russia have no idea what is really going on because their media is being very controlled right now and they are painting a picture that the rest of the world is at fault. By things like McDonald's pulling out of the country, people are going to want to know what is really going on and will start to question.

Yes, it sucks. It's going to suck for a while but it's absolutely needed at this point.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1