UAD Yearly Half Off Sale

cclarry

The VoxBox is OK. I didn't find it as useful as I thought it would be (I've had it for a few years now). I will tell you that if there is any way to get the Helios Type 69 you should do it. It's freakin' amazing!!! As a Unison pre I just keep finding new uses for it. I prefer it sonically to their Neve 1073 and even the SSL. A miked amp with a decent mic through the Helios is, well, freakin' amazing!!!

• Like 2

Just now, cclarry said:

Can't...have to decide TODAY, because my voucher expires today!

ouch , what over option you have ? don't you have other uad preamp emu 's .?

Just now, Zo said:

ouch , what over option you have ? don't you have other uad preamp emu 's .?

Nothing that really floats my boat in the sale...but I would like the Manley's
so this would get me started on that...

I ended up buying it.  I get another $25 voucher, making the
effective price $44....so figured it was the best deal.  I have
until the end of June to use the new voucher, so we'll see
what happens in that time.  I still have till June 14th to
buy my Revoice Upgrade....so we'll see how that goes as 
well....

Here's the Production Expert review by Russ Hughes

Summary - What I Think Of The UAD Manley VOXBOX

I absolutely love it!

We get sent loads of stuff at Pro Tools Expert, we are reviewing day-in-day-out, it can get a bit tiresome. But the Manley VOXBOX is not another channel strip, it's a very special channel strip, especially as it offers Unison technology via Apollo, so you can track with it like real hardware.

I have to say I'm absolutely blown away by it. I have never used the hardware one before so I can't compare them, but as a plug-in that you can track with and mix with I have to give this a huge thumbs up. I think the team at Manley and UAD have done a brilliant job. They say the vision behind this channel strip was capturing the human voice and I think they have nailed it. 

It gets an Editor's Choice Award. For me it's one of the best plugins that Universal Audio have made for a very long time.

Congrats L , giving the price of the original unit , it's a steal ... Still thinking about getting an appolo twin for broadcast but always tsuff to buy before lol since years ahahah

• Like 1

Used my $50 coupon for the Marshall Bundle. Don't know if I got a better price because I already owned the Silver dude but $133 - $50 = $83 for the additional 1959 Super Lead and the Bluesbreaker. That's a good deal IMO.

I will probably get another $25 coupon out of it. If so, I'll probably get either the last Marshall (2203), the Pure Plate Verb or the Fender Tweed. leaning towards the last two if it's only a $25 coupon. 

If it's $50 more (not likely) I def get the 2203.

Edited by Bapu