FreeG meter (was Gain Staging)

I'm reposting a related question: I dnloaded the FreeG meter suggested in the Creative Sauce video... do I need to add this to every track & bus or is there a more efficient way to use it for more than one track? Do you use it both before fx for gain setting & also post fx? He uses the fx output level control or the blue cat plug if the fx doesn't have an output level & doesn't mention the faders. Where do they come in? Just balancing everything in the mix?? Thanks!!

21 hours ago, charles kasler said:

I'm reposting a related question: I dnloaded the FreeG meter suggested in the Creative Sauce video... do I need to add this to every track & bus or is there a more efficient way to use it for more than one track? Do you use it both before fx for gain setting & also post fx? He uses the fx output level control or the blue cat plug if the fx doesn't have an output level & doesn't mention the faders. Where do they come in? Just balancing everything in the mix?? Thanks!!

I wouldn't use this very much. It often bring problems. 

What you can do with any analysis effects is just add one instance to a track effects bin and simply drag it to another track effects bin to use it there. I do this with the MTuner as well. The effect will show a red bar as you drag and drop it. 

• Like 1