FREE game Obduction [PC/Mac] at GOG

ZincT

I jumped on this as soon as I got the mail yesterday. According to GOG it’s free only until 1 PM UTC 1 June, 2019. I assume they mean GMT as UTC is a time standard and not a time zone, so don’t wait too long if you want it.

• 2 years later...

BTW, autoruns (for Windows) is an excellent tool for seeing (and controlling) what's installed and runs on your system.

Before installing anything new I take a 'snapshot' of my system (via File | Save...), perform the installation, and then run "Compare..." to see what (if anything) was added.

It's very comprehensive, lightweight, and free.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I wouldn't put anything but GOG games on my DAW. At least you know there is no DRM running in the background with that...

YMMV.

Sorry for such a newb question, but does this also apply to getting Obduction from Epic Games via their Epic Installer?

1 hour ago, locrian said:

Sorry for such a newb question, but does this also apply to getting Obduction from Epic Games via their Epic Installer?

For me, I just have a main play machine.

This play machine runs all the games I'm getting from Steam, Epic, Uplay, Battle.net, GOG, JRRShop, Audioplugindeals, VSTBuzz, Audiodeluxe, Pluginboutique, Everyplugin, ADSRSounds, etc.

Jokes aside, maybe I've been lucky but I haven't seen any conflicts between the game distribution platforms and the Audio Software. If I am doing something that is really CPU intensive I may exit whatever background service I'm not using at the time, but most of the time I just let everything run. Of course, if my income depended on the DAW I wouldn't put any games (not even GOG).

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, locrian said:

I've no idea. I acquired an Epic game 3 years ago, and have never installed it, or the Epic installer... plz let me know how it works out... 😉

6 hours ago, locrian said:

BTW, autoruns (for Windows) is an excellent tool for seeing (and controlling) what's installed and runs on your system.

Before installing anything new I take a 'snapshot' of my system (via File | Save...), perform the installation, and then run "Compare..." to see what (if anything) was added.

It's very comprehensive, lightweight, and free.

I've been an Autoruns user for many years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

I've no idea. I acquired an Epic game 3 years ago, and have never installed it, or the Epic installer... plz let me know how it works out... 😉

I've decided to install it first on my old, re-purposed Windows 7 'test' system, just in case.

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, locrian said:

I've decided to install it first on my old, re-purposed Windows 7 'test' system, just in case.

I have repurposed my Windows 7, Intel 3rd gen i5-3570K 3.4 Ghz CPU, with 16GB memory, and a GTX 950 GPU, as my 'media center/gaming' PC in my living room. I load all sorts of crap on that, and take a full disk image weekly. Can roll back if necessary, but so far all is well... :)

• Like 1