Sonar 8.5 Producer: Is There a 64-Bit Version of PerfectSpace?

Annabelle

14 hours ago, John Vere said:

There's a notepad document but I don't see any screenshots. A quick read of the document shows page faults are 3,282 us which seems excessively high. Example, mine is running at around 80us right now and Cakewalk is open with a simple project loaded. I seems to remember anything over 300us is bad news but don't quote me.  The report also points at Sonar as being the highest page fault count. 

I'm most certainly a novice at reading the reports, it's mostly gibberish to me. It always says the same things are to blame as far as I can tell. But the Sonar Page Faults I've never seen before. Do your projects have a lot of content? Your computer specs seems pretty average and shouldn't have issues with basic projects. 

Yes indeed they do. They have several instances of virtual instruments. One instance for each track. When I run the project without any effects, there's no stuttering. But it seems that the moment I start switching on effects like PerfectSpace and any Sonitus effects, that's when the stuttering starts. Are there 64 bit versions of the Sonitus effects? If so, would I be able to save the presets I've made for them into the 64-bit versions?

Things have changed so much and this as you are well aware of makes it hard trouble shoot computer issues. 
I myself was a big fan of 8.5 and stayed with it up until x3 was released. 
It was very stable but one thing worth trying is to have your tech friend help you install The latest Cakewalk and open the same project and see what happens. 
The effects you mentioned are at end of life but they certainly are still working fine for other users still. Some are DX. 
I guess a look at Latency Monitor with Sonar closed might give some insight. 
Troubleshooting is a process of elimination. 
You swap out parts until you find the one that fails. 
So on the list is

Audio Interface hardware.

Audio Drivers 

Computer Hardware 

Computer system 

DAW software and version 

Plug ins and versions 

Other things that make projects unstable are

Too many edits in a track, or too many heavy CPU effects or instruments. The solution is  to bounce and freeze them and use save as to create a clean project. 
Then with using Regional Effects like Melodyne. I  Always render all the short clips and then I export as a stem. I delete the original messy track and drag the fresh continuous track back into the project. 
You can always go back to the original project. 

Save as is your friend to clean projects and create backups. I use the current date and make sure to browse outside the original project folder. Make sure to check the copy audio box.  

Edited by John Vere

"Is this Cakewalk By Band Lab software compatible with screenreaders like JAWS (Job Access With Speech)? Will it work on a machine with Windows 7 installed? Are there features similar to Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition? These are especially important questions I'm asking, should there ever come a time I may need to upgrade my motherboard or processor. Hopefully that's not gonna happen anytime soon!"

4 hours ago, John Vere said:

have your tech friend help you install The latest Cakewalk and open the same project and see what happens. 

Annabelle asked in the "Still Using SONAR?" thread if her screen reader would work in CbB. I pasted in some info from the Reference Guide about how to possibly go about that, but she will need that confirmed before she can use CbB.
Has anyone used a screen reader in Cakewalk?