D. Ramirez Expansion : Presets for Hybrid 3

Marco Lys Expansion : Presets for Hybrid 3

Mark Knight Expansion : Presets for Hybrid 3

Rene Amesz Expansion : Presets for Hybrid 3

Tocadisco Expansion : Presets for Hybrid 3

Analog Trap Expansion : Presets for Hybrid 3

$239

https://everyplugin.com/instrument-expansion-pack-3-premier.html

Almost all of my Air VSTi instruments are only VST2.. not sure I have a lot of faith in them actually updating to VST3 either..

They were cheap and even free for a few, so not too major if I lose them, but I wouldn't recommend that bundle price until we know for sure if they're going to update and if it will be for free.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lee D said:

What are these guys smoking?  Maybe if they ever updated their existing products...

Maybe it's one final hurrah before they give all their customers the bird🖕and say they're not going to update to VST3 ever 🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

It contains VIP, the Drum Synth 500, and a few more expansions I guess.

What if you already have AIEP Complete, Loom II, VIP 3, and Drum Synth 500?

Looks like I get to add Boom and a few more Hybrid expansions to an end-of-life collection of instruments for $239. 🙄

Edited by abacab
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aidan o driscoll said:

They said go to the AIEP site and the individual product page for each plug, scroll down and you can download latest version and reinstall over old .. free

I'm a bit confused by this statement. The latest product versions are the same old versions that one already has installed, correct?

All I can see is that this is an upgraded content collection, but without any actual instrument upgrades involved. AFAIK all 2021 PC updates from AIR were for the Windows 10 installer bug fix.

Edited by abacab

17 minutes ago, abacab said:

I'm a bit confused by this statement. The latest product versions are the same old versions that one already has installed, correct?

All I can see is that this is an upgraded content collection, but without any actual instrument upgrades involved. AFAIK all 2021 PC updates from AIR were for the Windows 10 installer bug fix.

Yeah it looks like they are just Windows 10 performance enhancements .. for example "Hybrid_3.0.10.21000_Setup_Win-GM.zip"

https://www.airmusictech.com/virtual-instruments/hybrid3.html

Scroll to end to UPDATES section. Nothing new re VST3 etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MusicMan said:

Almost all of my Air VSTi instruments are only VST2.. not sure I have a lot of faith in them actually updating to VST3 either..

They were cheap and even free for a few, so not too major if I lose them, but I wouldn't recommend that bundle price until we know for sure if they're going to update and if it will be for free.

Cool thing is Air is actually running a beta team at the moment. (tried to join but was too late) Some new products are in the works as well as updates to the current line up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lemar Sain said:

Cool thing is Air is actually running a beta team at the moment. (tried to join but was too late) Some new products are in the works as well as updates to the current line up.

Where did you hear "at the moment"? I recall that Simon Bangs, the AIR marketing guy, tried to recruit some beta testers over at KVR a few years ago. However, nothing but crickets ever since...

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Where did you hear "at the moment"? I recall that Simon Bangs, the AIR marketing guy, tried to recruit some beta testers over at KVR a few years ago. However, nothing but crickets ever since...

It was on the AIR Music Tech official Facebook page on March 3rd.

19 minutes ago, Lemar Sain said:

It was on the AIR Music Tech official Facebook page on March 3rd.

Aha, thanks! That explains why I missed it. I refuse to follow devs on Facebook.  :)

They should make an effort to update their support forum threads, or else have their resellers email customers about upcoming updates...

But some companies are now so all over the place with social media, it makes the head spin as where to look for the latest info. It shouldn't be that hard. Facebook, Twitter, Discord, etc. Ugh...

I also saw it at KVR maybe a month or so ago.  IIRC it was not for existing products, but for new products though I could be misremembering that. If it was for updating existing products I might have gotten through more than 7/8 of the NDA.

UPDATE: Confirmed; new products (at least the notice I saw).

Edited by User 905133
to report back re: new products
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, User 905133 said:

UPDATE: Confirmed; new products (at least the notice I saw).

Thanks! It appears that AIR has abandoned development of their legacy plugins, other than some installer compatibility tweaks. I acquired their full collection about 5 years ago. Not much has changed since.

The last upgrade for a legacy AIR plugin I can recall was for Loom II in 2017, an upgrade that I later grabbed on sale at a deep discount. :)

The new releases are probably based on the new synth engine used in Drum Synth 500 ("Drum Synth 500 is built on powerful all-new engine for live performance or studio use").  I also grabbed that on sale at a deep discount. Not bad!