Tone Empire Model 5000 $19 at PB

mibby

• 6 months later...

There is an economics lessons here that I won't bore you with. Okay, just kidding, I will! 

Just as economic studies show that a union business moving into a region impacts the labor and benefit rates of business in the surrounding geographical region (that is, it results in higher wages and benefits for labor in surrounding businesses that are not unionized), the impact of Waves $29 USD pricing has profoundly impacted its competitive environment, resulting in a good deal of high quality plugin developers putting effects doing deep discounts on their plugins, like this deal. And the sales prices are often at that $29USD or $19 USD price point that Waves sales prices perpetually stay in (that's actually, technically, an FTC violation, but whatever, it also greatly impacts market behavior; Waves is not likely to be able to sell their plugins long on perpetual sales for $29 USD to as low as $16 USD for $199 USD or more again, as they've trained the market not to pay that much for its plugins).  So, that's a long way of saying, while a lot of us (me included), are not crazy about Waves' marketing practices particularly their infamous WUP, they've had a undeniable impact on the world of effects pricing that has enabled many of us to afford plugins that we may not have otherwise been able to afford. So thanks Waves!  

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 2

@PavlovsCat Yep!   On the other hand, I'm sure it totally blows for the small developers, which I think is the ultimate goal of the Waves pricing.  Waves has licensing deals in the auto industry and even on my PC's OS, so they can withstand a much tighter margin on individual plugins sales a lot better than the small devs...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...