Trouble with Kontakt and Sample Tank

Both synths are not working in Cakewalk, with different symptoms: Kontakt plays sounds and records but won't play back recorded tracks. Sample Tank won't play or record. Both Addictive Drums and SI Bass operate normally. Kontakt does the same thing in Studio 1 but Sample Tank operates normally there. I'm using HP 1520 T, I7, 8gig RAM, Presonus Audio Box USB 96, Kontakt 6.7, Sample Tank 4.1.  I'm using a Roland Gk3 and GiI-20 using the MIDI out of the GI-20 (since the USB driver is out of date). MidiOx says midi is transmitting. Any ideas?

Edited by Clint Swank

On a PC as per my signature, I am currently on a project with 2 instances of Sampletank 4, 1 of AD2 and 1 of MODOBASS.   Each of the Sampletank instances has 4 parts each. 

The MIDI tracks driving the Sampletank 4 parts are on MIDI Channel 1 to 8 respectively.  The Bass MIDI track is on MIDI Channel 9, AD2's MIDI track is on MIDI Channel 10

I am not getting any of the symptoms that you describe.

I am thinking there is a MIDI channel configuration somewhere.  Meticulously go through all of your MIDI channels.

One thing I do is make sure all MIDI tracks in a project have their MIDI channels specified rather than being set to “none”

I am assuming you are on Sampletank 4.17

MIDI channel assignments!

Each instrument slot in a multi-timbral plugin such as Kontakt and SampleTank can be assigned to a channel 1-16. They must match up with the MIDI track/clip for the intended instrument.

• Like 2

Glad you guys are doing so well with this. I'm not exactly a newbie here but I've been out of it for a while. I'm 74 and I''ve been using Cakewalk and Sonar since 2007, and Studio Vision before that. (Bad luck for me getting into Daws that were subsequently decapitated by Gibson.) Meanwhile though, I had a disastrous hard drive crash followed by the Cakewalk crash, and one of my own, a minor stroke. So i'm a little slow on the uptake. 

I've been dicking around with Midi channel assignments  for a couple of days, to no avail. I. E. NI suggested that I set everything to Omni. Nope I set everything to channel one , used simple instrument track yada yada. So seeing as how you guys are doing so well with this, maybe you could let me know how exactly you've got this set up, if it's not too much trouble. Just so you know that I'm not a complete idiot, here's some stuff I did in Sonar in2017: https://soundcloud.com/clintswank?fbclid=IwAR1maWsT-Y9FM9O0dp25ZqUBFl3eQOQFgxwNLjxx3LDNqCu1M6A1Td3JfX0

Edited by Clint Swank
missing comma.

2 hours ago, Clint Swank said:

So seeing as how you guys are doing so well with this, maybe you could let me know how exactly you've got this set up

Might be easier to find the specific issue if you can share a copy of a project to be analyzed.