Poof goes the Cakewalk

Jyri T.

Trying to export a project in a normal .wav format with a few plugins. Right at the end of the export the Cakewalk disappears *POOF* with nothing left behind, no minidump or log of any kind (I can find).

Tried the new early access version, same thing. Tried to export with no track or bus FX, same thing.

Where can you start figuring this out?

Edited by Jyri T.

10 hours ago, Jyri T. said:

Where can you start figuring this out?

Yes, it's usually a plugin that's at fault. But with a large project it can be quite time-consuming to narrow down just which one it is.

If Cakewalk aborts with no error message or dump file, you can tell it to be more verbose in its error reporting.

By default, many routine error conditions are not reported. To make it less obtuse, there is a setting in CAKEWALK.INI named ExceptionHandlingSeverity. This tells the software what kinds of errors to complain about and which ones to let slide. Set this value to 5 or 7 for troubleshooting. Warning: it can get wordy when told to report everything, so you might want to revert it back to its default value of 1 once you've figured out your problem.

Yep always a incompatible plug in. And sometimes unexpected. I had a cranky project the other day. All sorts of weird things were happening. Including blank exports, sluggish response. Only “new” plug in was an  Izotope widener. Swapped it back to the BT one I always use and since then no more weirdness.