Bandlab Login Fails

DallasSteve

Question

Cakewalk is reminding me to renew my license.  So I'm taking 15 minutes out of making music to deal with this irritation.  First I had to download and install a new version of Bandlab.  Then when I try to log in it keeps throwing up this error message.  Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?  Maybe I need to take another 5 minutes to restart my computer.

Cakewalk2.jpg

20 answers to this question

2 hours ago, scook said:

BandLab Assistant is not needed for updates or refreshing authorization (unless the PC is not connected to the internet).

The functions are available on the CbB help menu.

Hmm.  I'm looking and it don't recognize what to do.  Below the first screen shot shows the message that directs me to BandLab.  The second screenshot is my Help menu that discusses offline activation, but I don't understand what I would do next.

Cakewalk2.jpg

Cakewalk1.jpg

57 minutes ago, DallasSteve said:

Hmm.  I'm looking and it don't recognize what to do.  Below the first screen shot shows the message that directs me to BandLab.  The second screenshot is my Help menu that discusses offline activation, but I don't understand what I would do next.

Cakewalk2.jpg

Cakewalk1.jpg

This image shows an older version of CbB.

Update it to see the refresh activation option.

scook

This is getting to be more and more fun.  OK, I clicked on Update.  Guess where that leads me?  It tries to open Bandlab.  Guess what happens when I try to log into Bandlab?  The same thing as my original post.  So what do I do about that missing file error message?

4 minutes ago, DallasSteve said:

scook

This is getting to be more and more fun.  OK, I clicked on Update.  Guess where that leads me?  It tries to open Bandlab.  Guess what happens when I try to log into Bandlab?  The same thing as my original post.  So what do I do about that missing file error message?

What version are you running? Check for updates. If there's available, download and install them from within Cakewalk. 

If there's none available - locate your download folder reinstall the last download version and try again. First start with checking for updates (from the Help Tab.) 

scook

This is beginning to look very flaky.  I uninstalled and re-installed Bandlab.  When I tried to log in it gave me the same error.  I checked the folder and that file auth-production.json is not in the folder.  Somebody is not doing something correctly.

So I tried running the Cakewalk installation from the link you sent me and after 5 minutes of spinning its wheels it displays this error.  Maybe I have to uninstall Cakewalk first but I have a feeling that Cakewalk is just not going to work any more.  I've almost completed my album.  Maybe I'll just finish it before I try to re-install and update my authorization.

Cakewalk1.jpg

scook

I have no idea what happened.  After it gave me that insufficient disk space error I clicked OK and it finished the installation.  Then it opened Bandlab in the browser and it appears that it updated my authorization.  Now I can run Cakewalk again and open my project.  It seems to be working.  The Audio track image of the sound wave in blue looks different than before.  Maybe that's because it's a newer version.  After the 2 error messages during installation  I'm afraid Cakewalk is corrupted.  Do you think it's safe for me to work on my songs and save them in Cakewalk and it won't corrupt the song files?

Thanks for all your help.

Cakewalk1.jpg

From what has been posted, you received at least two write failures during install.

I have no confidence in the install.

16 minutes ago, DallasSteve said:

The Audio track image of the sound wave in blue looks different than before

In 2021.04 audio waveforms by default have an outline.  This is set in the Track View menu under Display > Show Waveform Outlines

Since the images above do not have the Refresh Activation option in the Help menu, they must be from a version older than 2020.11.

FYI, the program must refresh its activation at least every 6 months.

Updating periodically is a good idea, The activation is refreshed at needed when updating.

Here is some more information about activation.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

From what has been posted, you received at least two write failures during install.

I have no confidence in the install.

In 2021.04 audio waveforms by default have an outline.  This is set in the Track View menu under Display > Show Waveform Outlines

Since the images above do not have the Refresh Activation option in the Help menu, they must be from a version older than 2020.11.

FYI, the program must refresh its activation at least every 6 months.

Updating periodically is a good idea, The activation is refreshed at needed when updating.

Here is some more information about activation.

I unchecked the Show Waveform Outlines and now it looks like before.  Below is my updated Help menu after re-install and it has the Refresh Activation link.  I opened a Test project and it saved and re-opened the file so it seems to be working.  Still, I could re-install Cakewalk again.  My guess is it's going to do the same thing which means another 5 minute uninstall/install for nothing.

Cakewalk1.jpg

scook

I did the uninstall/install again and it did the same thing with the same 2 errors.  I'll contact the support email link you sent me.  If I was having trouble with other programs I would believe the problem is on my side.  I'm not having problems with other programs.