No Audio Devices - Can't get sound

Cole Dunlay

I'm trying to get Cakewalk setup and running.  When I launch it, I get the following message:

"There are no audio devices for the current driver model on your system.  Please go to

Edit|Preferences|Audio|Playback and Recording and choose a different driver model."

I've done this and no audio devices appear (Input or Output).   I do have a sound card and other sound plays.

I also get the following message:

Silent Buses Detected

The following tracks and buses are currently assigned to a silent hardware output.  The items listed below

will be silent in your project until their outputs are reassigned to an appropriate hardware output.

Master

I've re-installed the RealTek HD Audio Manager..  I followed the YouTube Channel "Creative Sauce" for the setup of

CakeWalk.  I'm Running Windows 10, 64 bit.  Any ideas what I can do to get CakeWalk working?  I'm not a pro, just 

looking to have some fun making music.  

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sounds like the Realtek drivers you have do not have ASIO drivers (what Cakewalk deafults to, and looking for).

Best to have a "real" recording interface as the PC sound is not very good for recording work.   Latency is one problem.  Another is no standard mic or instrument inputs and support.

A USB recording interface unit, even an inexpensive  model, will have better latency, have both a mic and/or instrument input, and a headphone jack.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I found out that to use the ASIO driver you have to have an audio interface.  I was using the sound card and that's why it didn't work.  I stumbled across a video that said to use the WASAPI Shared driver if you're using the sound card.  I did this and it did work.

Ultimately, I decided to get an audio interface.  I got the FocusRite 2I2 and I'm using that now.

Thank you, everyone for your help.

Cole

• Like 1