Arlene’s Song: Hope and Struggle

amiller

16 hours ago, vilovilo said:

Hey cool ! Mister  guitar hero 😎

It's true that sometimes,things are easier to say with things more subtle than words ....

It seems there is some work in this track ,and I can hear you have a lot to say ,and you use your guitar to tell it....

Very nice song ..... Your lady ,surely has been impressed by thoose " power tones" you offered her here ....

Listened it three  times in a row ....

Thanks for sharing.

All the best .

Olivier

Thanks, I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.  Being able to convey an idea or emotion with music is what it’s all about.😊

4 hours ago, kakku said:

Very good melodies and the performances really good too.  Lovin the guitar roaring there

I can’t, by any means, shred so I have to try and get my music ideas across with melodies.  It’s gratifying when someone comments positively about the melodic content of a song that I’ve written.  Thank you!

@amiller Sorry to hear of your good ladies woes, I have known a few peeps with MS not a pleasant condition.  You managed to capture that unpredictability of MS in the tone and playing of your guitar.  Cool composition well captured it sounded good here, thanks for sharing.

My very best wishes to you both, I know what it is like to live with someone who has a life changing medical condition, my best to both of you. :) 

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

@amiller Sorry to hear of your good ladies woes, I have known a few peeps with MS not a pleasant condition.  You managed to capture that unpredictability of MS in the tone and playing of your guitar.  Cool composition well captured it sounded good here, thanks for sharing.

My very best wishes to you both, I know what it is like to live with someone who has a life changing medical condition, my best to both of you. :) 

Thanks for listening, commenting and your kind words.  ‘Very much appreciated.😊

1 hour ago, Jesse Screed said:

Hey, what I think you have done here is extend your love into music?

You are a caregiver, and an expressive element.

Tell your beloved that I felt this, and I cried.

Oh, man, now you went and made me cry.  Thank you so much for listening and sharing your thoughts...very much appreciated.😊🙏

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Pete Laramee said:

Hey man, this is great.  I think this is the first time I've heard your stuff and you just hit me in the balls like a heavyweight.  Great tone, overall sound, etc..., but this also has tons of feel.  My only criticism is it faded out too soon.

Hey, a fellow RigTalker.  I’m not surprised you haven’t heard my stuff before.  I don’t think it will be much appreciated on the RigTalk forum site.  Most of the guys there are more into 80’s hair music.  I don’t have the “shred” chops needed to really pull off that style of music.  There are some monster players on RigTalk for sure.  I’ve always liked the you have done as well.

Anyway, thanks for listening and taking the time to comment.  I appreciate the kind words.  As for the fade out, yeah, probably could have went a bit longer.  Again, thanks. 😊

Wish I could say or do something that would help ease the pain of 25 years worth of MS your wife has had to endure .

As your song pic shows , we all have our crosses to bare .

I enjoyed you chord changes in the opening measures and as the song unfolded . I was pleasantly happy to hear your melodic lead playing .

It was tasteful and overall very expressive . Your guitar playing served the song well and got the message across .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson

4 hours ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Wish I could say or do something that would help ease the pain of 25 years worth of MS your wife has had to endure .

As your song pic shows , we all have our crosses to bare .

I enjoyed you chord changes in the opening measures and as the song unfolded . I was pleasantly happy to hear your melodic lead playing .

It was tasteful and overall very expressive . Your guitar playing served the song well and got the message across .

all the best,

Kenny

Kenny,  I really appreciate your kind words.  Yes indeed, we ALL have our own crosses to bear.  

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  These days, I concentrate on the melody and feeling of everything thing I write and play.  To me, those are the most important elements of my work.  It feels good to get positive feedback specific to those parts.😊

21 hours ago, synkrotron said:

Hello @amiller :)

I have just finished listening to Hope and Struggle and I have to agree that the melody throughout, plus the guitar playing and its tone is absolutely spot on. I also agree that no lyrics are required for something like this, the music speaks volumes.

cheers

andy :)

Thanks for listening and commenting.  Tone and a melody that speaks to me are my primary focus when creating or listening to music.  It’s good to hear a positive comment in those regards.😊

Really nice work - that guitar tone absolutely soars away beautifully. Sometimes a song is the best way to say what you really feel and it doesn't always need to words. Best wishes to you and your wife and thanks for sharing this. Andy

3 hours ago, AndyB01 said:

Really nice work - that guitar tone absolutely soars away beautifully. Sometimes a song is the best way to say what you really feel and it doesn't always need to words. Best wishes to you and your wife and thanks for sharing this. Andy

Thanks for the feedback Andy.  I appreciate you taking the time to listen.  Thanks the kind words as well.😊