Arlene’s Song: Hope and Struggle

amiller

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

What a beautiful song perfectly done!  Great performance, arrangement, mix, etc.  Musically it expresses a great sentiment!!

All the best to you and your wife.

Thanks for posting.

Wow, thanks so much for the kind words.  Expressing a sentiment is what it’s all about for me.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.😊

1 hour ago, bjornpdx said:

Don't need lyrics when you can say it with music. Excellent and heartfelt playing. 

Thanks, your comments mean a lot to me.  Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.😊

You are bringin' it with those guitar lines. Just great tone and chops.

I did not expect that portomento synth in the middle part. That was nice!

My only mix thought might be on those wide panned acoustic guitars, sometimes it feels their strums are coming in just a hair early. You might slide those tracks back just a few nudges as an experiment, does it groove a little easier? I could be all wet on this.

Kudos for your song and best of health to you and yours!

-Tom

8 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

You are bringin' it with those guitar lines. Just great tone and chops.

I did not expect that portomento synth in the middle part. That was nice!

My only mix thought might be on those wide panned acoustic guitars, sometimes it feels their strums are coming in just a hair early. You might slide those tracks back just a few nudges as an experiment, does it groove a little easier? I could be all wet on this.

Kudos for your song and best of health to you and yours!

-Tom

Thanks for listening and offering feedback.  I’ll check out the acoustic timing later today when I get in the studio.  Again, thanks.😊

21 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

That lead guitar tone was very nice - what are you playing there, and what are you playing through?  Good job on this composition.

Very impressive guitar playing - nicely done.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

To the best of my recollection the guitar signal chain is:

Either of my stock LP's -> Kemper -> SONAR.  The very ending fadeout guitar is a stock Anderson Drop Top -> Kemper -> SONAR.

Hey cool ! Mister  guitar hero 😎

It's true that sometimes,things are easier to say with things more subtle than words ....

It seems there is some work in this track ,and I can hear you have a lot to say ,and you use your guitar to tell it....

Very nice song ..... Your lady ,surely has been impressed by thoose " power tones" you offered her here ....

Listened it three  times in a row ....

Thanks for sharing.

All the best .

Olivier