Hobo Train - Final Finished

garybrun

New country song I have been working on with the drummer of the band.
The band is called Hobo Train and this was recorded in a local studio and we are now working on the mix.
This is my picture.. just wondered how it is standing up.
All comments welcome ... especially improvements.  🙂

Final Master.
Thanks everyone for the help.

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, AndyB01 said:

That's a rockin' little foot tapper right there Gary - what a great song. As for nits and crits - I might have lifted the guitar solo just a touch but hey that's just me.

Loved it!

Andy

Thanks Andy.
Appreciate your ears.

I like it. Great vocals and instrumentation, and a catchy tune. A very minor thing which could be my listening setup, but the upper frequencies of the side-stick seem a little hyped in the section near the end where the instruments mostly drop out. Other than that, the mix is really good and the instruments are really well placed in the stereo field too. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Big thumbs up from me. Great guitar solo! Only comment, and it just might my Mackie Monitors but there's a lot of low end. Like the Kick is massive ( not a bad thing) and the Toms Rumble ( also might have been the goal) Otherwise you totally captured the Country Rock vibe. 

3 minutes ago, Paul Bush said:

Great stuff nothing in there I didnt like, loved that solo, and well the vocals were super  with those understated harmonies  super song  cheers p

Thanks Paul.. appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment.

I like the power of this track and the way it's wide open from the intro. All of the players sound Very talented , I especially liked the Nashville style lead work. Very Nice mix and master !   The lead singer sounds like she's spent a lot of time outside of Norway , if not she sure has perfected that US southern accent.          Loved it ..  Great job ..  mark

2 hours ago, mark skinner said:

I like the power of this track and the way it's wide open from the intro. All of the players sound Very talented , I especially liked the Nashville style lead work. Very Nice mix and master !   The lead singer sounds like she's spent a lot of time outside of Norway , if not she sure has perfected that US southern accent.          Loved it ..  Great job ..  mark

Thanks for the comments @mark skinner I am really doubting myself..  when you play my track against another commercial country track mine sounds boomy and not enough top end.  I'm really confused at the moment.

We have another 4 tracks to go!!!

I'm thinking of sending the mix to a professional mastering engineer then at least we have a base line to work on.
Don't get me wrong..  I want the band to have its own sound and not be pigeonholed to sound like others...  but there must be a baseline??

P.s.  The SHE is a HE  🙂

Edited by garybrun
  • Like 1