Everything staccato

jkoseattle

Question

This is quite irritating. Frequently, one or more EastWest Play instruments will play everything very staccato. It sounds as if a Note Off event is being sent immediately after every Note On event. Has anyone else experienced this? At this point I don't even know if this is a CbB thing or an EastWest thing. Turning off and back on mic positions in Play seems to fix it, which makes me think it's an EW thing, and yet I can't repro it in Reaper, which makes it sound like a CbB issue. Any ideas?

1 answer to this question

If  you look generally into  Midi issues asked on the forums - the first order trouble shooting something out of the ordinary is to check and test that your midi buffers is set appropriately - or high enough.  A second cause is to trouble shoot via the event list view what Midi note on and offs are doing in relation to your performance. Then look at controllers to make sure you are not sending a controller signal that is affecting the instrument. VSTi's are getting more and more sophisticated - which really means complicated.