[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Update 1 Early Access

18 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

Have you checked the phase of your monitors.

Sigh! 🤦🏻‍♂️ No! And things are being moved around. I'm building panels, but I think it might be the send pans to the reverb that's the issue. I'll check tomorrow. Please discard this issue. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

• Morten Saether changed the title to [CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Update 1 Early Access
  • Morten Saether unfeatured and unpinned this topic

Why does the BandLab login site keep opening when installing updates? I can't log into it, either I have no account or something's wrong with it.

Also, naming consecutive updates "Update 1" is confusing as I think I already have it. Maybe 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc.??

24 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Why does the BandLab login site keep opening when installing updates? I can't log into it, either I have no account or something's wrong with it.

I don't know the official answer.  But, ever since I started with CbB, it has been connected to my Bandlab account.  I thought we needed to have a Bandlab account.  Back in the days before the in-app updater, I needed to use Bandlab Assistant.  Therefore I had to be connected via a Bandlab account.  I didn't know that wasn't true for everyone.

Plus with recent Cakewalk updates,  I can now publish to and download from my Bandlab account.  See File > Browse Bandlab and File and File > Publish to Bandlab.  I just assumed that the ease of transferring between the two requires synchronization of the accounts.

Personally, I have gotten used to the YYYY.MM format (as in 2022.02). Update # 1 seems more user friendly than referring to a build number. 

6 hours ago, sjoens said:

Also, naming consecutive updates "Update 1" is confusing as I think I already have it. Maybe 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, etc.??

Have you left it open to "actually see" where it's really taking you? 

@sjoens - the reason it takes you to the login page is because you're not logged in to BandLab, and it's trying to refresh your authorisation.

I'm not sure why it's not allowing you to log in.  The login works for me both on all of my Windows 10 machines, and my Windows 7 & Windows 11 machines.  All machines are completely up to date with Windows updates though.

Never. Tho, I just tried it thru CbB and got in.

However. the web link from the installer (above) still won't let me log in.

http://localhost:4342/callback?code=6C69B4063FBC7E843631F753A2C95848047A6DAF20670DCA7B7573CCB457D8F6&scope=openid offline_access&session_state=BLpeHIJVxO5gJIQU1I7_iTXJ15MAykIfq7if2YfIzEo.1CED88DCE5FC5DCBF0A9803EE1D0EED5

I compared both addresses and they are identical, so 'splain that one.

Edited by sjoens

7 minutes ago, sjoens said:

Never. Tho, I just tried it thru CbB and got in.

However. the web link from the installer (above) still won't let me log in.

I compared both addresses and they are identical, so 'splain that one.

History and present login. A before and After 🤣 Literally.

A security lock. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

@sjoens - are you running CbB or the installer as administrator?  - that might explain it.   The result of the login in the browser is being passed back to CbB, however if the browser and CbB are running under different users, that would be a security violation.

At the end of the day Bandlab.com is the parent website. I think the confusion you're having is with the download of the installer ,which we get from the Cakewalk by Bandlab website. 

Most who repott on this are still attached to "Cakewalk.com"  Either way, like @msmcleod said: It's just passing you back to CbB. 

On 3/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, Syphus said:

Not a game stopper by any means but ....

After the install of the latest update (from an open cakewalk project), the installer took me to a bandlab page (https://www.bandlab.com) instead of the release notes page (like I would expect).   What is up with that?  . . .

Syphus

I like to report that the installer for this last update (2022.02)  did take me to the proper page (release notes) this time (even though no response to to the OP)

Syphus