[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2022.02 Update 1 Early Access

A quick small issue i noticed in this early access update is that after the update was installed i was redirected to the Bandlab home page in my browser and not the update release notes page like it usually does.

Edited by In A Week

Here's one that's raised it's head once again, but this time I've discovered a major detail...

I had reported earlier about clips disappearing in Lanes when muted (not parent track). I've now discovered that it's only active Melodyne tracks.

Display Lanes

Turn clip into Melodyne

Mute clip

Clip disappears from the Lane!

Melodyne 4.xxxx

1 minute ago, Lord Tim said:

@Keni  is Display Muted Clips in Parent Track unchecked, perhaps?

130985753_Screenshot2022-03-09080807.png.35c7278e031568e1d5276a3890a5fc4c.png

Thanks Tim, but I dud my best to state it is disappearing from the Lane! Parent track is not displayed because I have that option selected, but he clip in the Lane itself is gone as in deleted.

What's also interesting is that if it hasn’t been deselected it will reappear if K(mute) is hit again.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Keni said:

Here's one that's raised it's head once again, but this time I've discovered a major detail...

I had reported earlier about clips disappearing in Lanes when muted (not parent track). I've now discovered that it's only active Melodyne tracks.

Display Lanes

Turn clip into Melodyne

Mute clip

Clip disappears from the Lane!

Melodyne 4.xxxx

I can repro this one Keni, we'll look at it for the next update. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Keni said:

Thanks Tim, but I dud my best to state it is disappearing from the Lane!

Apparently staying up all night working (it's 8:15am here now) is not conducive to actually reading all of a post properly! Sorry, Keni! My bad! Looks like Jon is on it :) 

Just now, Lord Tim said:

Apparently staying up all night working (it's 8:15am here now) is not conducive to actually reading all of a post properly! Sorry, Keni! My bad! Looks like Jon is on it :) 

No apology necessary. I was expecting someone to say that as they did the time I posted this earlier. I tried to state it better this time, but... at least this time the extra info re:Melodyne clip did the trick.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm if there's a panning issue? It sounds as if there's not good spacing between the L&R channels. Its like almost as if they bleed into one another. This is with any form of dry audio and Vsti both mono and stereo. 

13 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Weird and Strange. When right clicking on an Audio Clip, why is Insert Effects and Process Effects the same thing? 

I don't think anything has changed there...? Insert is non-destructive, inserting the FX in the Clip FX bin, and Process is a one-time destructive application of the FX (equivalant to Insert FX and then Bounce to Clips)

3 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Can anyone confirm if there's a panning issue? It sounds as if there's not good spacing between the L&R channels. Its like almost as if they bleed into one another.

Not noticing anything different here. Can you pan normally? I know some interfaces have a mono mode.

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Not noticing anything different here. Can you pan normally? I know some interfaces have a mono mode.

Yes. I can pan normally. Unfortunately, Focursrite dont come with that mono button. 

I'll have a listen again with a fresh pair of ears tomorrow. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

I don't think anything has changed there...? 

I know process effects subfolder is non-destructive insert. The question is Didn't Normalize and Gain sit here as well? For some reason i'm convinced it did/used to. 

4 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Can anyone confirm if there's a panning issue? It sounds as if there's not good spacing between the L&R channels. Its like almost as if they bleed into one another. This is with any form of dry audio and Vsti both mono and stereo.

The simple way to check if you're hearing your system properly is to just throw a mono sine wave on a track, then hard pan it both ways, see what CbB's metering says, then see what's happening with your monitoring setup. If CbB shows it's hard panned and you're not hearing that, the most likely scenario is that there's a software mixer/driver panel that's not fully spreading your stereo image after the fact. 

16 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

The question is Didn't Normalize and Gain sit here as well? For some reason i'm convinced it did/used to. 

I checked Splat 17.10, and the menus are the same except that the MIDI option wasn't grayed out as it should be and is in the current EA - apparently that was fixed at some point.

12 minutes ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

The simple way to check if you're hearing your system properly is to just throw a mono sine wave on a track, then hard pan it both ways, see what CbB's metering says, then see what's happening with your monitoring setup. If CbB shows it's hard panned and you're not hearing that, the most likely scenario is that there's a software mixer/driver panel that's not fully spreading your stereo image after the fact. 

I'll take a listen tomorrow again. 

Update: You know what? I might have left the send pans in the middle going into a reverb thinking out my steps I had done. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

4 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Have you checked the phase of your monitors.